Jump over that river!

Brian_barrett

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.geog.leeds.ac.uk
This one is great. I jumped it successfully, then put the camera (Canon G3) on the high speed mode and just held the button. Couldn't believe it when the stich worked so well!

(by the way, this is glacial outwash meltwater... = cold. Also, look at her right leg, wet from a previous attempt!... should I have been a gentleman and carried her? maybe, but that would have cost me this great photo).

Ah Brian, you GENTLE man, you :D.
No.
Not carry her.
Take this stitched pic for us, very wise decision :biggrin:
Nice one... one day also I will know how to do it. I think, even my little compact camera can do it, only haven't I read the manual (PlasticSpanner knows about my inner conflict with manuals and how I only find out about things EVENTUALLY ... but I do, so there is always hope ;) ).

what's a manual? hehe... Any camera can do it. Most cameras these days have a "stitch assist mode", where you take one pic, and the display shows you the edge of that image so you can line up the next image in the stitch. But I never use mine. firstly the display is smaller which is annoying, secondly it labels the images differently on the card (so they appear out of order with all my other images), and thirdly, because its a specific mode on my camera, I'm no longer able to make mode choices. Having said that i think the stitch assist mode is meant to do something clever with exposures (locks it to the same exposure for all images i think) so that the sky brightness for example will look the same and then stitch better (you can see i needed this in my 360 degree pano because some of the stitches are visible simple due to changes in sky colour).

All the stitching is done with computer software after the photos are taken (most cameras come supplied such software). The only trick is to make sure you have plenty of overlap.

..."ah look me, I'm raaambling again"... (10 points to anyone who knows the quote)

Thanks for liking my pictures.

Most reactions

Back