Just Another Morning (One for C&C)

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another shot of the morning sun over the lake near my house...

JustAnotherMorning.jpg

I think I need a different camera...I'm noticing a lot of noise in my photos...

I really like this scene, very picturesque and tranquil - excellent composition. A couple of thoughts. First and foremost, it needs to be leveled; the water is running out of the frame image left and on to my desk. The other thought is that a couple of stops worth of G-ND filter would have taken this image from nice to REALLY nice.

I doubt that there's anything wrong with your camera. Noise is almost prominent in under-exposed images.

I like going for dark silhouetted foregrounds, but to each their own I've heard said.
Man, I thought I finally had a level horizon, is it really that far off or are my eyes just that horrible?
What type of neutral-density filter could I use with my A3000IS?

IMO BW would have been perfect for this shot....
Here's a version with some tint to it. If ya like it...

laketree.jpg

Like this:

SmallJustAnotherMorning.jpg

Man, I hate the noise! What can I do about noise...the iso is already at 100...what else would produce noise outside of the obvious small sensor size, post-processing of a compressed file, and immediate jpeg compression (no raw format availability) in-camera?

Man, I thought I finally had a level horizon, is it really that far off or are my eyes just that horrible?

I think the horizon is level...Maybe he was referring to the silhouetted ground line?

Great shot in B & W.

A tinted crop for the hell of it....

sunset.jpg

No, no......the tree is what brings this picture to life......:D w/ out that tree this is just another sunset shot!

I like the first tinted version.

... and immediate jpeg compression (no raw format availability) in-camera?

Q: What is CHDK / an "Autobuild"?

A: CHDK is a firmware extension for Canon Powershot / Digital IXUS cameras. It enables a broad spectrum of features, such as:
  • Shooting in RAW / DNG (Fast SD card is beneficial)
  • Live histogram
  • Zebra mode
  • Shutter speeds from 1/40.000 to 64 seconds
  • Scripting interface (uBasic & LUA)
  • Games (sokoban & reversi)
  • Bracketing
  • Timelapse Videos over weeks or months with external power supplies & eye-fi wireless sd cards
  • Motion detection with response times of just 60ms or less

There are safe user firmware hacks available. The firmware loads from the memory card, and when that card is removed, it reverts back. It's a great tool to give added functionality to Canon PowerShots and some other models.

Canon CHDK.

Thank you Bitter for that info (what kind of puter geek am I to not find that out on my own)...I like the crop too....I really need to do that to some more of my photos...thank you for all the comments and suggestions, as always much appreciated.

btw: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/A3000IS not available for my camera...silly Drex

:heart: this crop. :sillysmi:

Agent, your first shot was nice, but I think this crop makes it nicer :biggrin:

I don't like what everyone is doing with the tinting and other crops... no offense.

White hit the nail on the head. :thumbup:

Ps... I actually like the dark foreground for this shot too.

I agree 100% :D

Most reactions

Back