Just stopped in to say Hello

gfdengine204

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Howdy folks. This is my first day here, and thought I would introduce myself. I'm Kevin, and am from North Central Illinois, outside DeKalb and Aurora, approximately an hour from Chicago. I have always had "a thing" for photography. Actually won a contest at a local camera shop when I lived in Geneva. Granted, the prize was my submission blown to 20x30, displayed in the shop for 6 months, then possession of the poster-size print became mine. It is now proudly displayed in my living room. A very cool B&W of a rodeo rider.

Anyway, a few weeks ago I dug out my SLR gear after quite a hiatus, and discovered how much I missed it. I started my adult photography with a Canon Rebel. When I went Digital in 2003, I decided on the Canon Digital Rebel 300D; figured all my glass would fit both, and it seemed a perfect selection. I use my 28-135 IS and 70-300 IS lenses quite a bit.

Right now I am reading through a couple Scott Kelby books, and trying to improve my techniques. After a google search, I came across this forum. Forums have become one of my favorite tools for learning new skills; in fact, I am a Moderator for an electric model aircraft forum (WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight ; I hope I have not violate the TOS, I have to read that a little more in-depth), and do my best to impart my knowledge there to the new folks. So here I come to THIS forum, as the new folk.

Anyway, personally, I am a married father of a quite energetic 4 1/2 yr old girl. HUGE Hannah Montana fan, she is. And did I mention energetic? ;) My Facebook page is getting fuller and fuller with pics of my princess. Almost as full as our walls in my home. Professionally, I am a 20-year veteran 9-1-1 police dispatcher, serving 18 of those years with the Illinois State Police. I also serve as the webmaster for my model club's website (RC Dusters Flying Club, Sandwich, IL), as well as serving this year's term as club President. That has been fun so far......

So, that's a brief look at me. I hope to have not bored ya'all too much. If so, I'll try harder. :)

Hope to get to meet folks soon!

Kev

That's

Most reactions

Back