Photos OK to edit
thank you :)
1)
esiegel511a.jpg

2)
IMG_3584.jpg

more for fun :)

*bump*

I like the idea of the first shot, minus the chair in front (against wall). But again, way over processed for my taste. I've come to the conclusion that I probably won't like your processing techniques so I'll comment on the 'photo' itself.

2. *facepalm* .... seriously. If you're going to merge layers like this, at least keep the lighting similar on the objects. The flash marks on the balloons irk me b/c they don't follow same pattern on the cross. Overall, not a good job on this one.

o_O?

1. What is with the random glow? The person is soft-focused and the drawing board is sharp, so I would assume the board is the subject in this one. Having said that, why are we focusing on a white sheet of paper? Ignoring that question and moving on, why is the paper so bright white and the rest of the photo so murky? The composition isn't terrible and it gives some kind of clue as to what you're trying to show off so it is not a bad start. Try to get a better background if possible, the chairs and table behind the board aren't helping it any.

This photo just keeps making me ask...why? Give it some reason, and some purpose.

2. I get that you're trying to be silly, but honestly I wouldn't even put this past slightly amusing :| The three obvious image sources are poorly used, and the cross (which if I had to guess, is probably a composite itself) is giving off that same bad blurr as in the first photo. The balloons are also poorly cut out with that left behind halo, not to mention you can see multiple light sources...from the sky? The little tethers that connect the balloon to the cross also look as if they are miraculously holding onto the cross with nothing, especially since there is no tension on 3 balloons lifting an object that looks heavy. Finally, the composition in this one is also lacking.

All of your shots look like a kid who's gotten photoshop for the first time and adds random filter's to your shots. Something that EVERYONE can do...

I'm starting to think that you post this stuff b/c you know you get negative comments on them, and you're here to troll.

I think the first photo has potential. The choice of edit wasn't the best, if you want to post the original i wouldn't mind having a go. Other than that, the second image is a little off key. Playing around with the new PS is always fun though haha. Eat your heart out.

All of your shots look like a kid who's gotten photoshop for the first time and adds random filter's to your shots. Something that EVERYONE can do...

I'm starting to think that you post this stuff b/c you know you get negative comments on them, and you're here to troll.
yeah im a troll you caught me....No im not a troll lol I like this site and if I was a troll I dont think I would have almost 900 posts and no I really dont add random filters believe it or not. HAHA and -EVERYONE- can do them you say, let me go look, hey sir you seem to be able to do stuff in a dark room I want you to use this here computer and make a selection of the person and manipulate it in a way to show the persons artistic side and make sure you keep the paper in focus. Oh and you have to use lab mode, lets see how far he can go shall we.....yeah not very far, so dont even try to say everyone.

and yes like I did state the second one was for fun, I was mainly looking for C&C on the first one

yeah im a troll you caught me....No im not a troll lol I like this site and if I was a troll I dont think I would have almost 900 posts and no I really dont add random filters believe it or not. HAHA and -EVERYONE- can do them you say, let me go look, hey sir you seem to be able to do stuff in a dark room I want you to use this here computer and make a selection of the person and manipulate it in a way to show the persons artistic side and make sure you keep the paper in focus. Oh and you have to use lab mode, lets see how far he can go shall we.....yeah not very far, so dont even try to say everyone.

Uh, wat?

nothing I was pretty much saying that not everyone can do photoshop like he was stating

Tbh, we have a graphics programme area were you can share composite type images, i think these would be better suited there.

As for the images, i like your creativity... but i think you would do better to concentrate more on your photographic skills for now. This forum is a great resource for understanding cameras, how they work and how you can improve basic imagery.

1. What is with the random glow? The person is soft-focused and the drawing board is sharp, so I would assume the board is the subject in this one. Having said that, why are we focusing on a white sheet of paper? Ignoring that question and moving on, why is the paper so bright white and the rest of the photo so murky? The composition isn't terrible and it gives some kind of clue as to what you're trying to show off so it is not a bad start. Try to get a better background if possible, the chairs and table behind the board aren't helping it any.

This photo just keeps making me ask...why? Give it some reason, and some purpose.

2. I get that you're trying to be silly, but honestly I wouldn't even put this past slightly amusing :| The three obvious image sources are poorly used, and the cross (which if I had to guess, is probably a composite itself) is giving off that same bad blurr as in the first photo. The balloons are also poorly cut out with that left behind halo, not to mention you can see multiple light sources...from the sky? The little tethers that connect the balloon to the cross also look as if they are miraculously holding onto the cross with nothing, especially since there is no tension on 3 balloons lifting an object that looks heavy. Finally, the composition in this one is also lacking.

Ok, :meh: first of all. I second everything you said here...:thumbup:

The halo on the guys head in the second image.. the super bright paper ( which is blank to make matters worse)....i dont know what you were going for.:thumbdown:

The cross.. a wooden cross?? why would it be floating...with balloons? and *loose* foil streamers on balloons..actually looks like xmas garland. and the glare.. :thumbdown:

They may be fun to make... that ill give you. But i think most of your stuff lately has been WAY too much PP... *But* sometimes thats just *ones* taste in "art".... so to each their own i guess huh?

Last edited:
the first pic really grabbed my attention because it is way different than something i would normally see. i think i would have moved the chair out of the pic, and had the boy remove his earphones.

the second pic didn't do anything for me. i actually thought it looked really bad when i first saw it. don't really get what it is all about.

He is a kid...I think he's sixteen years old, something like that...and he is posting in The Photography Beginner's' Forum & Photo Gallery.

I think the first photo is not too bad. I wish the chair against the wall were not there, but, hey, the idea underlying the photo is pretty good. The second shot, not so much. I don't know why people are giving you so much crap for experimenting and trying things...geeze...you are one of the few people here who will actually try something and fail, sometimes miserably. BUT, for example, your Hotel Hallway shot from a month ago or so was one of the single best art photos I have seen here in literally months!!! A real figure/ground triumph, but definitely not the button-downed,straight-laced "proper" way to do photography.

... I don't know why people are giving you so much crap for experimenting and trying things...

Not to derail topic, but I hope I'm not tossed in with that >_> he came to the forum to get a critique and I think I gave him quite an honest one.

I completely understand why you would jump to his defense, Derrel, but what a lot of people havn't been appreciating is that the image manipulation going on here just doesn't really fit in with what this section is for. If the focus was not so much on the processing than I really think people would have less to complain about. In fact I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be picking on er111a at all.

@er111a- The work you are doing now reminds me a lot about when I first bought Corel Draw and Paintshop back when I was 14. The work was all over the place, and filter heavy. I was happy with it at the time, but eventually I started to learn how to use those crazy effects in extremely creative ways that people would never even know they were used. So if anything, I get it. I don't want you thinking that I'm just picking on you though, I am giving you a critique I would give anyone.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back