King of the World

gman172

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i was takin pics in kirklees nr oldham, uk when a guy in a 'great for colour popping' yellow jacket ran to the end of a big rock and started waving aroung like a mad man - i could imagine this picture immediately and also worried if he didnt like me snapping him - bw with him kept in yellow!!

i converted to bw got a 2nd coloured layer and popped him thro and added a light colour filter to the sky - i do try!

Kirklees193e21024.jpg

King of the World

any good?

Generally I'm not a fan of selective colour processing, but in this case the image wouldn't work as well if if it was all black and white, and I'm not sure that an all-colour version would be as effective either.

Pretty bleak up there, isn't it? I once did a paragliding course not too far away, at Mankinholes near Todmorden. Good place for it, because the wind never seems to stop blowing.

Simply stunning. Looks like a Nike ad. Perfect use of spot coloring. Well done.

I love this~ What program do you use to get this effect???

I don't want to sound harsh because I like some of your other photos, but I don't like the sepia toned sky; for me, it competes too much with the black and white cliffs.

I'm not a big fan of selective colouring either.

All in all, I don't think this is one of your best works...

I love this~ What program do you use to get this effect???

photoshop cs3 - and getting to grips with layers

...and thanks harmony i do kinda agree and im looking to stop the cheeziness of colouring where its not needed - thanks

you keep encouraging me and ill keep em comin guys

:hug::

done tastefully i enjoy thinkin, when im out and about, about what would look good 'colour popped'

This is good to me, but i would take the sepia tone out, so the only thing in color would be the guy in they yellow jacket, That would probably make him stand out more.

I'm gonna have to lean towards keeping the sepia sky, I believe it creates a better atmosphere in the shot than would a black and white sky. And the selective coloring most definitely works in this situation. It's an overall overused technique, but I think it is used very appropriately here, and quite possibly to improve the shot. Very excellent shot, it's a powerful scene.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back