Kitesurfing photostory

neogfx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, the first image is the central image. Which six other images would you choose to go with it?
Can you please comment on the general quality, lighting etc of the images as a group. Thanks.

ks14.jpg

ks12.jpg

ks11.jpg

ks10.jpg

ks9.jpg

ks8.jpg

ks7.jpg

ks6.jpg

ks5.jpg

ks4.jpg

ks3.jpg

ks2.jpg

ks1.jpg

Nice series, Im not good enough to pick a favorite, but I just love the sport and want to get into real bad, but around where I live its just not possible.

i would like to see the face of the person more....his face is black out on most of the shots...a different shooting direction might be good?

Nicely done but too dark for me. I agree that being able to see the kitesurfer would add to the story

your subjects are to dark and lack detail. Next time try and overexpose. Your camera was metering for the bright background. A polarizer would have helped a bunch...
Coso

Nice series my favs are 2, 3, 10 11, also like #7 a lot because facial expression, but the exposure is off on all of them, It’s tuff with water sport to get a good exposure, next time bracket your shots, and if that does not help use RAW mode, a little tweaking of the levels and shadows in PS would likely help a lot

i like 2 3 10 11 12 13...cant comment on the lighting, exposure, etc (so too nub!)...but, i was thinkin maybe a shot with the actual kite included as well might be good for the storyboard?

I'm not sure what you plan on using them for but they are all nothing but sillouettes. I think you needed to get on the other side of your subject where he was lit better.

Unfortunately JIP there's no beach the other side of him. lol
I actually quite liked the dark figure. It's not important who he is, just the activity in which he's participating.
Plus, can you honestly tell me that 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 are just silhouettes? I can see quite a bit of detail there. The last two are supposed to be silhouettes, along with 2.
The others, as you say, are because of the lighting, but there's still detail there if you look (it's easier to see on the full size images).

Thanks for all your comments.

Unfortunately JIP there's no beach the other side of him. lol
I actually quite liked the dark figure. It's not important who he is, just the activity in which he's participating.
Plus, can you honestly tell me that 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 are just silhouettes? I can see quite a bit of detail there. The last two are supposed to be silhouettes, along with 2.
The others, as you say, are because of the lighting, but there's still detail there if you look (it's easier to see on the full size images).

Thanks for all your comments.

honestly...there is really not much details on "HIM"....but i'm sure if you dig down hard enough on the original size....then you can find some details at 100% zoom....however.....i dont think anyone would look at images that way?....the light direction is just a little bad when you took the shots.....i guess there is not much you can do about it but brighten up the shadow in PS......otherwise....as you said.....you can see the "sport"....but you dont see "HIM" in the sport.....just a dark figure with no detail

Well it looked to me like you were shooting from a boat. Personally even if the subject was light enough I guess for me I still see any of them that captured the right moment all of them look like he is just about to do spmething or just finishing something but thats just me I know nothing ab kite surfing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back