LaFoto and the birds - a LONG saga and many pictures (Part 2)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Still on early Wednesday morning (4 April), LaFoto is out "hunting" birds. With Sir Ray, our lost prophet, Airic and other masters of bird photography on her mind, she is intent on getting frame-filling shots of the birds around her. Alas! It is no good.

Flap-flap-flap-flap: the sound of wood doves or pigeons (never know when they are what):

0824407morgenspaziergang.jpg

Here I am ready to try and get a bird-in-flight photo, hoping that the closer I get, the more this will be afraid and do what birds usually do when I come closer: fly away.

And? It did!

0834407morgenspaziergang.jpg

0844407morgenspaziergang.jpg

And landed high up in the tree, safe from this nasty photographer at last, where once more only a crop out of a larger original can really make it show:

087a4407morgenspaziergangcrop.jpg

By this time, I really need to go to the bathroom so it is time to get HOME at last, so just two quick ones of the little tit inspecting a possible new home for wife and children, maybe? If it is any good? Let's see:

0944407morgenspaziergang.jpg

0954407morgenspaziergang.jpg

But he shows me his ... you know ... and I need to hurry home as much as I can still hurry and furthermore wait for the birds that come visit our garden to be a bit more cooperative, maybe?

Follow me to Part 3 then!

really like the light in #1 and number 2 is a stunner and yeah I find Great Tits are always sticking their backsides towards me as well

Ah, thanks for letting me know that the little bird that we call "Kohlmeise" in German is a Great Tit in English :D.

And I was slowly walking on that road, approaching the pigeon more and more, looking at my surroundings through the viewfinder only, zoom fully extended ... and was glad it stepped out into a sunlit spot for once before it soon after that flew up (which is the photo after the first) ... but even at 1/640 (which is what I could achieve since I had set the camera to 1600 ISO to be fast enough for it), I could not freeze the wings.

How fast does the camera have to be for that?

Ah, thanks for letting me know that the little bird that we call "Kohlmeise" in German is a Great Tit in English :D.

I thought you preferred to consult leo.org to asking your trusted hobby ornithologist friend here? :( I told you I know about these things! ;)

Liked the great tit from behind, though... ;-)

Awww, c'mon, trusted ornithologist friend with a super knowledge of the English language :hugs: --- I know you know about those things! :greenpbl: ... your knowledge is proven in the other thread (Part 1). Thank you so much. And I guess the birdie in Photo 6 of that other thread was a robin. I might try to find yet another photo...

You're either getting closer or the birds are getting bigger. :)

number 2 is really nice :) I would maybe experiment with different crops though. not sure.

did you push up the ISO a bit to get short exposure times? maybe a bit more noise is better than motion blur (not referring to numbre 2 here, but also to your first post)

Most reactions

Back