LaFoto and the birds - Part 3 of the saga - today: the starling (10 pics!)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is LaFoto again, trying to photograph birds. But birds do not usually want to have their photo taken by LaFoto, despite the fact that her maiden name is "Vogel" which means nothing else but BIRD ... so in fact they should feel RELATED to her!!! But they don't ... not really :irked:

However there are the starlings in the garden. Usually they are just a little timid and this close is about as close as can be:

starimmrz.jpg

stareimmrz.jpg

And then I was busted!

starbusted.jpg

Well. Who knows?
Maybe it was this very starling who realised I was only just a friendly photographer with the maiden name of "Vogel", for a couple of days later, there was this (or another, but who can tell?) starling in the bush close to the verandah and I crept up with the zoom lens all extended and thought, ha!, this will be the closest I ever get to it!

starnah01.jpg

But look: he was POSING there for me!!!! Really and virtually posing, showing me this side and that side --- and I guess he was even SMILING benevolently!!!

starnah02.jpg

starnah03.jpg

starnah04.jpg

starnah05.jpg

starnah06.jpg

starnah07.jpg

So - since I am so well into the swing of things ... and you hopefully are, too, hop over to Part 4 which will feature Mr or Mrs Greenfinch ... which will be the last chapter of my long - but hopefully not tiring - saga.

well I've never seen Starlings looking so good

Yeh, I really like the last few

Oh wow! These are all very wonderful!

Ah, thank you so much, Tangerini, oCyrus and Andy.
Well, this particular starling for once was ... a real ham in the bird-world. Or a dress-bird, or whatever! :D

I just tiptoed closer and closer, camera in my face, and he just sat there, watching me, and if he could have "shown me the bird" (you will know what that means), he would have, I guess.

I'm with Andy- never seen starlings look so good.

well, now I am following this series and they are getting better and better :)

the close ups are really stunning. and i like number one with that maze of small branches and the bird somewhere in there.

some nice shots in these parts 1.2.3.. you are geting better at this, and I hope you keep trying!

Next time, try doing what I do.. save all your best shots over the next week or 2, and post only the good ones.. Sometimes I will post my best shots of 1500-2000 frames!

Amazing. Did you have chat with him?

Dani

I love the antics of the starlings and can't wait for the youngsters to come out - last year I did a series on the "hoodies" and even a pair kick-boxing.
Lovely series.

Most reactions

Back