KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw a condemned criminal requested 'last meal' list elsewhere and was really surprised how mundane many of those requests were.

So. You know you are going to die tomorrow night and can have whatever you want for a last meal.
Here is mine:

A bottle of 1928 Cuvée Dom Pérignon

A Romain lettuce, sliced mushroom, grated carrot, red onion, croutons, and cherry tomato salad with Roquefort dressing.
New England Clam Chowder. (tabasco sauce please)
An boiled Artichoke w/mayonnaise for dipping.

Maine lobster tail w/drawn butter
8 oz. Filet Mignon with a Bordelaise sauce
Mushrooms sauteed in garlic butter
Steamed broccoli w/cheddar cheese sauce
Baked (not wrapped in foil) potato with butter, sour cream and chives.

Mud Pie, cherry cheesecake, 2 snifters of Courvoisier Napoleon Cognac.

Last edited:
I'd post what I would have, but I'm sure it would get deleted by the mods.
groucho.gif

I'd post what I would have, but I'm sure it would get deleted by the mods.
groucho.gif

I was going to say Charlize Theron...

Food Wise:
NY Style Brick Oven cheese pizza
Pint of Guinness (8)
Lobster Roll (Maine Style)
Steamers
Grilled Corn on Cob
Fried Mushrooms

Cheddar cheese fries; half plain cheese and half pineapple pizza; two chocolate-dipped cannolis; chocolate-dipped almond horn; bottle of Maui Blanc

Call me a boring person, but that would be perfect.

Runnah, if you like Charlize Theron, this video might be right up your alley...the guy even looks a bit like you too!

Last meal: I'd keep it simple. I'd like a bunch of favorites, just small portions of each...baked salmon, battered and deep-friend prawns, Dungeness crab, beef steak. Small salad, a nice sourdough bread, butter, some cheese and some great heirlook tomato slices, a nice white whine. And then...they'd strap me into the chair...

Runnah, if you like Charlize Theron, this video might be right up your alley...the guy even looks a bit like you too!

Last meal: I'd keep it simple. I'd like a bunch of favorites, just small portions of each...baked salmon, battered and deep-friend prawns, Dungeness crab, beef steak. Small salad, a nice sourdough bread, butter, some cheese and some great heirlook tomato slices, a nice white whine. And then...they'd strap me into the chair...

I've seen that! She is my "run away" celeb.

She is suuuuper hawt, no doubt!

P.s. I am way handsomer than that guy.

This last meal doesn't have to be about your death being punishment.
Just that you know in advance it's your last.

A well seasoned 1.5kg T bone steak cooked over charcoal medium rare topped with a 1/2 lobster with garlic butter and mashed potatoes. Creme brulee for desert and a nice old bottle of Amarone to drink and a Port Ellen to finish.

That would be me happy

First, a cocktail. Bombay Sapphire martini, olives.

Then an appetizer. A nice salad with baby lettuces, tomatoes, goat cheese, carrots, onions, cucumbers, chick peas, some shaved almonds and a few dried cranberries. Extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, and a little lemon juice as dressing.

Thin crust brick-oven pizza with lots of fresh garlic, fresh and aged mozzarella, a little blue cheese, olives, onions, and spinach. Maybe some artichokes, too. A side of broccoli rabe sauteed in olive oil and garlic. Lots of glasses of a good red wine. There's a Slovenian wine Buzz's father imports, a 100% gamay that needs to be decanted for a full hour before drinking. Well, you can drink it behforehand of course, but the characteristics of it change so much over the hour that you'd think you were drinking totally different wines. When first decanted, it's very good. After an hour, it's absolutely divine.

After dinner, another cocktail: Maker's Mark Manhattan, dry (just a hint of sweet vermouth).

Finally, dessert would be a homemade apple pie with vanilla ice cream. Or maybe some pasteis de nata, a Portuguese pastry (basically a baked custard tart. Heavenly!). Oh, and espresso to go with it.

Final taste - a snifter of aguardente velha, an aged Portuguese brandy.

Knowing that I'm going to die tomorrow night would probably put a crimp in my appetite.
6 bottles of Jack Daniels and I'd be ready to roll.

I'm going to play a little differently.
New England clam chowder from Micheletti's (Seekonk, Mass)
Lazy lobster from DiMillo's (Portland, Maine)
Blackened redfish from K-Paul's (NOLA)
Thai tea from Ubon Thai Cuisine (Wilmington, DE)
A crab cake (more like a crab mound) from Hella's (Millersville, MD)
Godiva chocolate cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory
The little crispy bread balls from Mike's American Grill (Springfield, VA) -- part of the bread basket served before the meal.

Two things I have not had, but would want to try, anyway:
A filet mignon from Ruth's Chris Steak House (Metro DC)
And if Kris (Coastalconn) cooks as well as he shoots, then the Pan Roasted Long Island Duck Breast from Bee & Thistle Inn.

Most reactions

Back