LCD pixel died...

Muay_Thai_Dan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so, there is a dead pixel on my camera's lcd screen. its a 2 month old 40D. i just took it in to the repair shop, they said canon doesnt cover this, but they will try to 'play' around with the 'words' and have them repair it hopefully.

has this happend to any of you? what did u do?

i know that i will probably leave it if canon wont want to fix it. cuz i dont want to pay money for 1 tiny pixle....and i can fix it when ever i can later down the road if ill want. but i thought id bring it to the shop to see whats the deal.

so let me know if this happend to any of you,

thanks a lot,

-Dan

Typically they will fix more than 3-4 dead pixels in a group. However, with all LCD screens, whether 1" or 60", will always have a chance of having a few. Nothing you can do, unless more pixels die.

ouch! sorry to hear that and I thought I was unlucky when the main lcd broke on my 40D like 3 days after I bought it but it was covered by warranty even though the guy at the repair shop told me that something must have hit it when I left it "unguarded" while playing softball with my friends lol but since there is no visible damage or scratches on the protective cover or the camera itself that's why the warranty could still be applied or valid or whatever.

I have had one on my screen for a good year now. Didn't even enquire about it. It doesn't affect it's ability to take photos even in the slightest so there's nothing to worry about.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back