Legos

depending on the way the colors are discarded, or balanced from the digital capture , this can cause more or less grain to be visible.
remember this is digital file and prob the look the op wanted.

to just flat out tell him the grain should not be there at 400 shows you do not know about which you speak in digital terms. the size of the sensor in his camera and the method of b&W translation makes the grain incredibly believable and slightly film realistic in my humble opinion

I like the shot. Cool dramatic lighting on Legos

I know for a fact that the SP510UZ (op has a SP500UZ) has quite some issues with noise. ISOs over 400 produce unusable images for prints, go above 800 and you're doomed.

Those are actually pretty good for 400, and tend to make the images somewhat more believable.

I hate this camera, tbh. The noise is unreasonable, as JR stated.

As THOR said, the color layers do affect noise/grain, and as I usually pick the one that is the least grainy, it did not work in this series.

I don't know much about digital, but I do know when shooting 400 ISO films, the grain is absolutely visible.

Cool, thanks guys. I might do this up a little more next time, add some props and cool stuff.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back