Lemon and lime

jessy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this in my light tent

370-4jb3r7fertawatfn2254.jpg

Due to your lack of words, I cannot tell if you are asking for C&C. I will give it anyway.

This just isnt sharp. It might have something to do with you having the camera at 200mm, F/18, 1/15". 1/15" is just a tad short to be shooting at 200mm. At F/18, you were also probably experiencing some refraction. This also seems a little underexposed. Either that, or you used entirely back-lighting which is causing a bad shadow on the lime.

Next time, try a little more light on the front of the fruit, bring the aperture down as well as the zoom. This should result in a better-lit, sharper image.

Good luck! :thumbsup:
Mark

In the edit, the ugly shadow is just more pronounced and now we are encountering artifacts/color noise. Also, the sharpening didnt help any. Now it just looks grainy. Nice try though.

Mark

Dear Mark,

I too felt the artefacts and grainyness; i dont have any noise reduction software too, other than in photoshop; but i think that is not effective. Would you please suggest some free software?

Also if possible work out this image in photoshop(since she is OK to edit) and kindly make a note of the operations you have carried out

Regards :D

i worked on Jessy's image, by placing my laptop at a low level and if you look at an LCD monitor other than at eye level you don't realize what the picture really looks like. While i read Mark's opinion about my rework, i first wondered why he tells that much,, where as i i have done only slight modifications; but now when i looked at the image at eye level, i was shocked to see what i had done-an extreme ruin; then i felt Mark was very euphemistic; i don't remove/replace my above image because it is a bad practice to do that because viewers would wonder why such remarks; i made some slight modifications, which i think is not bad. Regards :D

5292975026_5f9c834b67_b.jpg

Well, this is what I came up with.

3.jpg

Levels, curves, selective curves of just the fruit, dodge the shadow on the lime, sharpen, reduce noise.

Mark

I would agree with that. I hadnt noticed that until I posted it on the forum. It could be easily darkened.

Mark

Most reactions

Back