Lens Cap With Cord For Canon EOS 500D

decado

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I tend to lose small things often so I'm looking for a lens cap with a cord on it for my new Canon Digital Rebel T1i. I'm not really finding anything on google, but maybe you guys can help me out here. The lenses I'm using are "EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS" and "EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS". Tell me what you think, I could really use some help here.

Well, the reason you won't be able to find a lens cap for your 500D is because the lens cap size is a product of the diameter of the front element of the lens, not the camera body.

The filter size of both of those lenses is 58mm. So what you need is a 58mm lens cap with a cord on it. Or, you could just get some tape, string, get a spare cap, and tie it to your camera.

where do you guys store your lens caps?

I tend to lose small things often so I'm looking for a lens cap with a cord on it for my new Canon Digital Rebel T1i. I'm not really finding anything on google, but maybe you guys can help me out here. The lenses I'm using are "EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS" and "EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS". Tell me what you think, I could really use some help here.

I have the same lenses for my XSi. I found a solution to this at a small camera shop. It's a string attached to a round cylindrical piece of plastic with a sticky pad on one side. The plastic cylinder sticks to the lens cap, and the string loops around either the camera or strap. It's nice for keeping track of the lens cap, but the dangling cap does get in the way sometimes. I'm still looking for a way to clip it somewhere.

Well I keep it in my pocket now as well, but I am VERY good at losing things, so I really need the corded cap. I'll look into these suggestions, thanks.

and will continue to be very good at it as long as you keep saying that to yourself.

The human mind is awesome at making self speak come true.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back