TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
cognizantcog.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot on Tmax 400 with illford chemicals

bathe.jpg

I like it but i think more depth of field would help this image a lot. Try f/22 instead of f/2 or whatever it is currently. This photo would be a 10/10 if it had more DOF !

I understand why you went for the small aperture, but with that, composition ought to have been different, I feel, and the sharp frozen things in the foreground should not be competing in the way they do now with the Chicago skyline. Maybe bend down a lot lower to have those frozen things become even higher than the high buildings? That might have given the shallow DOF some more sense. I guess.

And as to your invitation ... my immediate thought was "Thanks, but no thanks" ... I'm not one of those ultra-brave persons who do ice water swimming. Brrrrrr! ;)

I actually really like the DOF as it is now. Great shot!

I would recognize my beautiful city no matter the focus. However, I don't think I would go so far as f/22, you would loose sharpness, but maybe f/14.

For future reference there is a spot just north of where you took this. At this spot, you get a great skyline shot from the north. This is not typical because most skyline shots of Chicago are from a boat straight west or from the south. Your close, about 15 minutes south of the spot I'm thinking of.

I know you like film, but could you provide the shooting specifications for reference please?

I love this city!

-Nick

Most reactions

Back