doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
light-test001.jpg

Last week i bought myself a Canon Speedlite 430EX and tonight it was the night i experimented a bit with lighting. I didnt have a model so Lord Vader volunteered to help me out. I used the speedlite, a 200w slave, 50mm 1.8. Settings of the camera: 1/200, F13, ISO200.
Setup of the lights: Speedlite on camera, the camera was in portrait position so the speedlight was on the left side of Darth Vader and about the same level as the Dark Lord of the Sith. The slave was also on the same level, only on the right side. The background was a black t-shirt. The speedlite bounced against a wall and the left side and the slave wasnt bounced. Didnt do alot of pp. Only did some sharpening, contrast and i cloned a bit of the background (shirt was too short)
So the things i know are not good are: the background isnt black and there are some hotspots (like the head)
Are there other things that are not ok (probably are) and how can i get the things that are not ok, to be ok.
Thanks for the help
Greetz Daan

The background? Ignore it. It isn't distracting in the slightest.

Hotspots are because of the size of the lightsource. You can rig up a softbox out of paper, or bounce the flash off a larger reflector to reduce the hotspots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back