Lightroom doing crazy things to my pictures?!

phild2k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just purchased a subscription to the very latest version of Lightroom. Imported a catalogue of RAW files from my Nikon D810 (a camera purportedly supported by Lightroom) from a recent trip to Iceland. The problem is that when I go to make any basic adjustment on the sliders Lightroom is painting large red areas over the white parts of the exposure. The amount of red paint is seemingly linked to how far I move a slider. It can turn a white overcast sky into pure red.

Never had this happen before, anyone know what that's all about and how I can fix it?

Just purchased a subscription to the very latest version of Lightroom. Imported a catalogue of RAW files from my Nikon D810 (a camera purportedly supported by Lightroom) from a recent trip to Iceland. The problem is that when I go to make any basic adjustment on the sliders Lightroom is painting large red areas over the white parts of the exposure. The amount of red paint is seemingly linked to how far I move a slider. It can turn a white overcast sky into pure red.

Never had this happen before, anyone know what that's all about and how I can fix it?

Is it displaying your clipped highlights?

wow, learn something new every day. By simply pressing the letter J on my keyboard and the problem appears to be fixed (not even a problem when I think about it having read your link). Now I need to learn all about lost highlights.

Thanks Qleak.

It'll also do the same thing for shadow clipping.
Look at the histogram in develop mode at the top right and left corners.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back