Like new lenses and camera

Discussion in 'Film Discussion and Q & A' started by wxnut, Jun 16, 2008.

1. wxnut

wxnut TPF Noob!

Im not putting this in the collectors corner cause I doubt this camera is a collectible, but a friend has asked about any value to a camera he has had sitting around for years. Its a Pentax K1000. It has 3 lenses. A 50mm 2.0, ... A 75-200 4.5, ... and A 35-75, 3.5-4.5.

All 3 lenses have uv filters on them, and I am guessing they went on when the camera was bought because the glass is flawless. Also in his bag is a TOYO optics 2x converter.

So his question is, is there anyone out there that would be interested in this? Its been sitting in a camera bag for years. The manual says 1975. Camera looks a tad worn, but like I said, the glass is flawless.

Doug Raflik
    wxnut@charter.net

2. christopher walrath

christopher walrath No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Unfortunately electronics depreciates so much over just a few years, let alone thirty-some. Not to mention that we have to throw depreciation of technology into the mix. A local paper has had a Nikkormat w/ three lenses in it for six weeks now and the poor chap has come down from $300 to $150 OBO. No one wants to pay much for film cameras anymore. Couldn't even sell an older Pentax ME Super for a friend for only $60.00. I have a Minolta sr-T101 and a 28-200 Vivitar macro zoom on ebay for $30 starting bid and Buy It Now for $100. I don't think anyone is going to buy it now. I'll probably be lucky to see $60.00. Same for some filters.

I would check out completed auctions on eBay for an idea and start at about 1.5x the average there and see what happens.

Shame, too. Beaut' of a camera that one. I'm thinking of cancelling the auction on my Minny. Fact, I think I will right now. They had their chance.

3. compur

compur No longer a newbie, moving up!

There is still interest in the K-1000. It's still a popular student camera.
    Value depends greatly on condition.

4. Coldow91

Coldow91 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    can you post up some pictures of it?

5. AndrewG

AndrewG TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The K1000 is a great, solid and well engineered camera which eventually spawned the equally desirable MX. A nice outfit like that will outlast any of the latest digital wonder cameras and produce great results. Besides it's a good tool for learning the fundamentals of photography with.
    There's a wealth of stupidly cheap yet extraordinary quality film equipment out there; I recently found a Nikon F3HP body for less than $200US-around £100UK-in great shape. This was Nikon's top of the line pro SLR for 20 years. Mine are both over 20 years old, a little worn and brassed, but extremely rugged and well-engineered and will probably be still working well when I'm in my grave!