Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ffarl...so there!
:lol::greenpbl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahem...

OK, I'd never actually laid eyes on them before, but I did suspect they'd be holding instruments throughout their videos, which they were. It's a shame they were only used to record half the song.

The singer sounds like Trent Reznor at his third grade talent show. He knows he wants to be upset and angsty about something, but he's just not sure what yet so he's decided to take on the issue of humans sucking in general. Kudos for the effort, but a bit of a task for someone that's clearly more upset about acne than political unrest.

These kids need real problems. Heroin maybe (Worked for Trent). And a little dirt on their leather. Clean kids in pseudo badass clothes suck. They'd be more believable singing about their Trapper Keeper or their mom making them mow the lawn when they want to be at the mall.

But that's just my opinion. ;)

I think they're almost in their 40's and have been pretty mainstream for over a decade.

they might not suck, but they certainly blow.

i wonder if Mich listens to anything but formulated Billboard music.

Oh I thought maybe a new band had come out and was using the name "Linkin Park".

lol Not my favorite band but they don't suck. Now, Nickelback sucks!

Ahem...

OK, I'd never actually laid eyes on them before, but I did suspect they'd be holding instruments throughout their videos, which they were. It's a shame they were only used to record half the song.

Wait, you mean they aren't actually playing the instruments live for the video? The hell you say! Lol

The singer sounds like Trent Reznor at his third grade talent show.

You actually went to Trent Reznor's third grade talent show? Ok, tell me you got video.. rotfl

He knows he wants to be upset and angsty about something, but he's just not sure what yet so he's decided to take on the issue of humans sucking in general.

You have to admit though there is something to be said for the approach, you'll never run out of source material for one.

Kudos for the effort, but a bit of a task for someone that's clearly more upset about acne than political unrest.

Ok, well it's estimated that 85% of people between the ages of 11 and 20 are affected by acne. I would imagine the number of kids who's lives are impacted by political unrest is probably a much smaller percentage. So really, it's for the children. Or something.. lol

These kids need real problems. Heroin maybe (Worked for Trent). And a little dirt on their leather. Clean kids in pseudo badass clothes suck. They'd be more believable singing about their Trapper Keeper or their mom making them mow the lawn when they want to be at the mall.

But that's just my opinion. ;)

So we should start an outreach program to get them all hooked on heroin? If nothing else the ads would be fun to write.. lol

$Intervention2_1024x1024.jpg

If they are in their 40's, it only makes things worse in my mind, but please, be aware that I know my opinions are just that. To me, the worst thing I can say about a musician is that I feel nothing when I hear their music. I definitely feel something when I hear these guys. Enough to write a paragraph about anyway.

What I mean about their instruments is that half of the song cuts away to artificial drums and keyboard stuff, but the video doesn't, visually. Probably more of a bad choice on the videographers part.

While I've never tried it, my observation is that if you become addicted to heroin, and are still able to write music, it will be, at the very least, heartfelt. It's while real blues was so impactful to modern music. Things like poverty, addiction and heartache expose the nerve endings necessary to any real art. If you've never experienced something, your song about it won't come across. That fella doesn't have anything in his voice that makes me think he really cares about the words he's singing.

Sorry, but I have to agree w/ mish. Linkin Park isn't that bad.

And I'm totally OK with that. I mean, we couldn't be room mates, but I respect your opinion. ;)

Ffarl...so there!
:lol::greenpbl:

I agree 110%. Linkin Park does not suck.............................................................................................................They Blow.:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
While I've never tried it, my observation is that if you become addicted to heroin, and are still able to write music, it will be, at the very least, heartfelt. It's while real blues was so impactful to modern music. Things like poverty, addiction and heartache expose the nerve endings necessary to any real art. If you've never experienced something, your song about it won't come across. That fella doesn't have anything in his voice that makes me think he really cares about the words he's singing.

If you haven't heard it, the NPR piece about Sam Baker this week was phenomenal!! Talk about experiences and how they effect your music. When you listen to his voice, you hear every soul-wrenching detail of his being. Amazing stuff.

^ They have mainstream crap so they get paid. Their best stuff never makes the radio and is NOT mainstream.

Most reactions

Back