Little love

I thought they had outlawed opium in Virginia like a hundred years ago?

[QUOTE="

Is there some sort of ghastly "child portrait" preset or action that everyone is using these days to make all the kids look terrifying?[/QUOTE]

Sorry my beautiful (if i do say so myself) child terrifies you and my creamy bokeh creeps you out :) I guess I won't be deleting this duplicate post after all.

I was being hyperbolic to make a point, your child does not actually terrify me ;)

Hopefully the point came across?

Thanks y'all! It could benefit from a tighter crop, thanks for the suggestion!

Looking at the avatars in this thread, I'm trying to find a "hats and beard" preset.

You got something against hats and beards, Dude? :madass: :gun: :)biglaugh: :hippie:)

^ Nope, just that there are a lot of us bearded, hat wearin' dudes out there. :thumbsup: (Hey, I didn't see you at the last meeting. :lmao:)

I think it's a lovely portrait of a Gorgeous Little man! I personally love the shallow DOF & agree that a tighter crop would improve the image! Oh and I LOVE LOVE LOVE his Hair :)

As a mother, I would love this photo. As a photographer, I have to agree with Amolitor (maybe it's a VA thing? lol).

I think you handled the type of processing well, it's not as exaggerated as most like it are. But it's still the same type of processing that every MWAC uses. Actions and presets are fine to use, but you will find your photos to look exactly like everyone else's. If you decide to go into business, what will set you apart?

I love shallow dof photos. I think this is very cute, but it does seem like he his in the middle of smiling/talking. Other than that I love it!

Cute kid
but the image depends on his cuteness a bit too much and some defects are overlooked
IMO picture is too bright, especially wall and shirt (and face a bit)
and he is too much to the right in the frame and there is too much above him that doesn't contribute at all

image-668844344llllll_zpsd7e30575.jpg

As a mother, I would love this photo. As a photographer, I have to agree with Amolitor (maybe it's a VA thing? lol).

I think you handled the type of processing well, it's not as exaggerated as most like it are. But it's still the same type of processing that every MWAC uses. Actions and presets are fine to use, but you will find your photos to look exactly like everyone else's. If you decide to go into business, what will set you apart?

Oh, I dunno, the fact the shooter cab produce images the masses can appreciate and will pay for so they can actually make a living?

I mean, the shot is cute. As you said, moms and even dads will love it. It's not really intended for presentation at the gallery or hanging on a stranger's wall.

It's competently produced. Sure, maybe it can be improved, and sure it's not to everyone's preference or taste. But it's not broken or defective either. Is it art for everyone? No, but it's not really intended as such either.

If the photographer can produce a similar quality on demand (ie it wasn't a fluke success in a session full of fail), then they could probably make a living.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back