Lohan apes Monroe, all nude and stuff.

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, Lindsay Lohan reshot Marilyn Monroe's famous "last sitting" photoshoot. I personally love this photoshoot, both Marilyn's and Lindsays, and commend Bert Stern for shooting them.

However some people are, of course, knocking on Lindsay for copying this famous shoot. I don't see how she had a choice, Mr Bert Stern calls and wants to reshoot it - you do it! He's a world famous photographer and rightfully so.

Anyway here are the pics:

http://media.nymag.com/fashion/08/lindsay-as-marilyn/

(NSFW)

What do you guys think? Copycat or homage?

It's an intersting piece of work. I find it fascinating when artists go back and redo their own works years later. I think it is a great homage to the great Monroe, but I like that there are small differences in each photograph that gives it a more modern feel to it. And it looks like Lohan has gotten into the 'role' and even given something to it herself, rather than just being posed too look like the original.

I think the new set is great!

LOL at comment above..

I agree with troll, and i think lohan did a good job being herself and monroe at the same time. Good set

I agree with George. A strange choice. Personally I don't mind looking at her body but she wouldn't be my first pick for this homage. And that hair is really bad. Is that a wig?

oh, why am I talking about her...:blushing::lol:

pascal

As it was the original photographer, I'm sure it was 'homage'.
However, poor Li Lo does not have the figure of MM nor the 'in front of camera' presence. I think Mr Stern could have found a better model IMHO.

Pics are cool.

As much as it is fun to make fun of Lindsay Lohan for her social life, the chances are she will be the greatest actress of her generation.

...if she can lay off the coke for a while.

She looks horrid, see no redeeming quality in those photos whats so ever, she look horrible, her body is not camera friendly and either is her face in those photos. The Camera does not love her the same as it did for Monroe. What a sham just to get publicity.

lohan sucks... i agree she's not camera friendly

I think, when held up to the originals with Marilyn, it is a great comparison between Hollywood then and Hollywood now.

i think the pictures are pretty crappy and i have lost even more respect for that girl...if thats even possible..

I wasn't all that impressed with the shots either but they definitely have people talking. I'll file this one under "Eh... whatever.".

The pictures are great but the model... err not so much.
I definatley would've picked a different model FOR SURE.
I'm a little young to remember the MM era but I see pictures all the time and she just has this look and feel. Something great and possibly well earned.
Lohan does not have that!!!

Lohan sure ain't a Monroe.
And it's easy to copy another photographer's work (in this case rather badly) but it's quite a different matter to have the idea in the first place.
When photographers and 'personalities' do stuff like this they are just trying to boost their own image by appropriating the image of someone else.
I wouldn't have minded if it had been done with humour or wit.
Madge was the master of this. Why be yourself and struggle when you can become someone else who has already made it? :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back