London Meetup - The Revenge Of the Lens Thread

Well, that's a deal then: I post some of my pics, and you all come over to Hamburg either next year or the year after, whenever you have saved up enough to do so and I've had had time enough to do all the organising and planning. Cool :D.

Well, I came to the UK and wherever I went only met happy people - well, for most of the time. It's good to be among happy people!!!

184431643.jpg

Happy Chris aka PlasticSpanner

184438287.jpg

Happy Tony aka Tempra

184438246.jpg

Happy Simon, always only known as Simon ;)

184431719.jpg

Happy Jerry aka NoteGraphics

184431419.jpg

Happy Neil aka Lensmeister

184431455.jpg

Just about happy Graham aka Hertz van Rental (dang, all my pics of him went wrong, what can that mean?)

184431529.jpg

Happy Jean aka Antarctican

184438251.jpg

Happy Rob, when he could finally get hold of his favourite Italian coffee, that is! ;)

184438282.jpg

Pensive Tony aka Tempra... (why was THAT, I wonder?)

More to come.

So as soon as (i.e. after about an hour) most of the group had found each other, rumbling stomachs could be heard all about, so food was on the agenda. Nice all English pub food (e.g. sausages on mashed potatoes, now THAT looked decidedly odd, I must say!)

Pub shots:

184438262.jpg

184431568.jpg

What on earth were YOU photographing at the time, Simon!?!?!?!?

184438244.jpg

Well, but whatever it was you did, you finished it for this smile. Good.

184431580.jpg

Ben aka Scurra and his "Kylie" (when no one of us knew as yet that she would be just that ;))

184431588.jpg

Yours truly and Neil, the Lensmeister (thanks Simon :D)

184431631.jpg

Ah, food at last!!!

184431604.jpg

What is it, Chris?
Was even this all English pub food too hot for you? Yours sat there for ages before ours arrived, so what is the matter???? ;)

I wanted to keep posting but it is late and I feel like I would much rather go to bed now and start posting more tomorrow. Duncan, you will have to wait for yours some more. Sorry. But they will show. Big promise. Ta-daaa.

thank you Rob and Corinna for posting your photos :) I love you all you know that? :D

Wow looks like you all had a great weekend, and tres impressed with all the photos everyone!

Damn it, I wish I'd been around when this was being organised... I so could have made it and I love a bit of London!

Whens the next....? :D

I'm still in London, leave for the other side of the pond in a few hours. I can't imagine I have anything to add to the great pics already posted (especially because I missed most of the first day). What a GREAT bunch of people. I swear I dd nothing but laugh for the 1 1/2 days I was with the TPF bunch. :lol: It was awesome to put faces to the people I've corresponded with through the site, and to meet new ones. Thanks all!! :hug::

Busy with them, but also the people from the Torey Hayden board are quite impatient to see my pics of our Sheep Walk (the charity walk I went on on my first weekend over in the UK, in Cornwall, those two very different meet-up being the reason why I was travelling the country for so long) ... and it's only me and my two hands around and I can't divide myself up into halves, but Day 2 is NOT FORGOTTEN! For sure! Big promise!

Great shots everyone, keep them coming

a few more from me

CLICK IMAGE FOR HIGH RES

and some people shots

pb_N0H4578.jpg

pb_N0H4720.jpg

These two couldn't make their minds up if it's a Canon 100-400mm or a RPG launcher
pb_N0H4579.jpg

and a few shots that I think Rob took on my Camera

BTW if anyone wants the full res version of this shot for blackmail purposes just PM me ;)
pb_N0H4634.jpg

Duncan with Robs camera taken by Rob with my Camera, I think? got a bit confusing at this point :lol:
pb_N0H4635.jpg

YOU SWINE !!! You promised not to post "monkeyboy" !!
You wait...you just wait...
Harrumph.

Most reactions

Back