Lonely Tree

kdthomas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Saw this and had to get it.
LonelyTree (1 of 1).jpg

Nice shot. Any chance you have a little room at the bottom of the frame? I'd like to see the fallen log

Last edited:
Thanks! Here's a slightly different treatment. I must've taken 50 shots of this thing :)

LonelyTree (1 of 1)-2.jpg

Nice work.
50 shots ?

Yeah, I had a little time, so I bracketed a whole bunch of exposures.

Training in compositional skills ? Final is very good, however subject is not that complicated I think. Too bad there is that not too pretty fence...

Training in compositional skills ? Final is very good, however subject is not that complicated I think. Too bad there is that not too pretty fence...

Naw not in training or anything ... there were really just 3 camera positions w a tripod ... I just tried a bunch of 1/2 stop under, 1/3 stop under, full stop over, etc. etc.

Why didn't you just shoot in RAW ?

Why didn't you just shoot in RAW ?

I did ... just getting a feel for getting it right in-camera, first go ... and I don't so much like to raise the exposure after the fact, even in RAW ... like I said, I had plenty of time to screw around, LOL ... It was dusk, but those were high clouds, and not moving too fast, and I was wanting to see if I could get some birds in it, etc.

I really love this shot. The 1st image is my favorite, it has nice depth and draws you in. I think what does it for me is that the background tree is leaning away from you while the clouds feel like they are moving towards you. Nice sense of motion. If I had to say anything negative about it, it would be the same as Rick, just a little more of the log at the bottom of the frame. Great job though!

Well thank you cdryden ... I was really excited when I saw it. It was at an equestrian farm and had to walk about half a mile over horse "donations" to get to it :)

Well thank you cdryden ... I was really excited when I saw it. It was at an equestrian farm and had to walk about half a mile over horse "donations" to get to it :)

Well, I think it was worth the trouble! Hopefully you didn't step on too many horse apples to get it!

I love it and for me n. 1 is perfect the way it is.

Something between 1 and 2 for me. The tree is too big in #1 and too small in #2.

I like number one as is, but perhaps with a tad more room at the bottom.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back