Looking for a fisheye or wide angle for my Sony A350

ddeerreekk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking for a fisheye or ultra wide lens for my camera, but are a bit unsure of what to get. I can't afford the $1000 sony fisheye, but I've found a variety of fisheye's that fit my camera here:
New and used sony alpha fisheye, Cameras Photo on eBay.ca

So my question is... are these any good? Or are they just cheap ones that won't work/won't take good pictures. Also, what do the .20, .25, .42 numbers mean?

Thanks!

Notice the X after the numbers? It's a multiplier. A .25x will make a normal 50 mm prime lens seem to be a 12.5 mm lens 50 x .25 = 12.5 On a 18-55mm zoom it will make it seem to be a 2-14 mm.

Real fisheye lenses cost so much because they are difficult to make and the lens makers don't sell a lot of them.

The cheap add-ons aren't fisheyes at all. They are just optics that add a lot of barrel distortion and most of them do that very poorly.

It all boils down to 'you get what you pay for'. If the cost is cheap, plan on the results looking cheap too.

Last edited:
i just got the toy i ordered...a .25x fisheye...and while it is a little bit of fun, it is certainly NO substitute for a real lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back