Looking for input on filters for my DSLR Evolt-500

jope88

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys. I'm moderately new to photography and was interested in purchasing some filters. I've searched around on the forum and saw some "must haves" such as a circular polarizing filter and a neutral density filter. The problem is that I have no experience with different brands and models of filters. I'd love to hear from some experienced photographers on brands/models/general tips for filters.

Also, as a side note can anyone recommend a good article/site that details how to clean a camera/lenses inside and out? I've started noticing individual pixels (especially in night photographs) not coming through.. in other words you can see red and blue pixels where they shouldn't be, which I can only assume is dust!

Thank you much guys.

P.S. I have two lenses:

• 14 - 45 mm, F3.5-5.6 Zuiko Digital lens
  • 40 - 150 mm, F3.5-4.5 Zuiko Digital lens
Oh and if you guys would like, I would appreciate some critique on a few of my photographs! You can find them here:
http://jope88.deviantart.com/

polarizer. does amazing things for your pictures. also make sure you know the thread size of you lenses before purchasing. it should be written near the lens' front element. 58mm, 72mm, the wider the filter thread the more expensive the filter. make sure youre filter can for THE WIDEST ONE because it is possible to buy step down rings and you will be able to fit that 72mm on to a 58mm say.

They both are 58mm lenses and yes a polarizer is a must if you do any kind of landscape photography. You might also think about a UV filter to protect the lens from scratches. I have the same lenses only the E-510.

great thanks a lot guys. yeah I will start out with a polarizer and UV and see how it goes

Most reactions

New Topics

Back