Looking for Lens Recommendations

DomStepp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I currently have a Canon A1 and a Minolta SRT MC-II. I shoot only film and the A1 is my primary camera body. I would like to get some better lenses and move up a little. I am not opposed to buying converters either. I do a lot of wildlife/nature photography but do enjoy city life and portraits every now and then. Anybody have any good recommendations?

The A1 uses FD mount lenses.

The SRT uses any MC, MD and SR Minolta mounts.

The list of lenses is long.

This web site has a (not full and complete but a huge selection of) lenses for various mounts.

It really depends on the type of shooting your doing and to what level you want to take it.
Any lens for wildlife will need to be both long and fast.
So anything over a 200mm and a low apature will do the trick.

You can research the lenses, and they can be had for relitevly cheap prices.

The cool thing is that if you ever do go digital and take a mirrorless, you can still use ALL of those lenses with the mirrorless.

If you have a tripod, one of the big lenses I purchased was the Chinon 55-33mm that is about 2 feet long weighs a ton and sharp as a tack.

Similar lenses are available. But you have to research.

The A1 uses FD mount lenses.

The SRT uses any MC, MD and SR Minolta mounts.

The list of lenses is long.

This web site has a (not full and complete but a huge selection of) lenses for various mounts.

It really depends on the type of shooting your doing and to what level you want to take it.
Any lens for wildlife will need to be both long and fast.
So anything over a 200mm and a low apature will do the trick.

You can research the lenses, and they can be had for relitevly cheap prices.

The cool thing is that if you ever do go digital and take a mirrorless, you can still use ALL of those lenses with the mirrorless.

If you have a tripod, one of the big lenses I purchased was the Chinon 55-33mm that is about 2 feet long weighs a ton and sharp as a tack.

Similar lenses are available. But you have to research.
Yeah I have a sweet 400mm lens I'm about to purchase but definitely still want some closer range stuff. I will go and check out that Chinon. Thank you!

So I currently have a Canon A1 and a Minolta SRT MC-II. I shoot only film and the A1 is my primary camera body. I would like to get some better lenses and move up a little. I am not opposed to buying converters either. I do a lot of wildlife/nature photography but do enjoy city life and portraits every now and then. Anybody have any good recommendations?
Can you clarify what you mean by "converter?" Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back