First Camera Need Help - Budget $500-$700

MN_JP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone!

I have always enjoyed taking photos and I have been thinking about getting into photography for awhile, and a few people in my life suggested that it is something I should pursue.. so here I am.

I have been researching different cameras and it has been slightly overwhelming.

I am looking for recommendations on what camera to get. I love nature and landscape photography. I also would like a camera that is good for portrait photography to potentially turn it into a side hustle. Astrophotography is also an interest of mine, but is not as important as landscape and portrait.

I currently have $500. Would like a used camera around there.. but if there is a must have I am willing to wait/save ($1,000 is Max I can do for awhile).

Currently I am using a Samsung S22 Ultra to take photos.

The D7200 is a nice camera, but you’ll need a lens or 2 for it. I would suggest the 18-140 for landscape and the 50mm f1.4G for portraits.

Cheaper: 18-55 for landscape and 50 f1.8 for portraits.

Hello everyone!

I have always enjoyed taking photos and I have been thinking about getting into photography for awhile, and a few people in my life suggested that it is something I should pursue.. so here I am.

I have been researching different cameras and it has been slightly overwhelming.

I am looking for recommendations on what camera to get. I love nature and landscape photography. I also would like a camera that is good for portrait photography to potentially turn it into a side hustle. Astrophotography is also an interest of mine, but is not as important as landscape and portrait.

I currently have $500. Would like a used camera around there.. but if there is a must have I am willing to wait/save ($1,000 is Max I can do for awhile).

Currently I am using a Samsung S22 Ultra to take photos.
What is the end use of your images?

The D7200 is a nice camera, but you’ll need a lens or 2 for it. I would suggest the 18-140 for landscape and the 50mm f1.4G for portraits.

Cheaper: 18-55 for landscape and 50 f1.8 for portraits.
D7200 is one of the ones i have come across a few times in my research. I appreciate your suggestion on the lenses.

Found a D7200 with 2k shutter count in really good condition. Thank you for the recommendations. Now just need to get some lenses and learn how to use it.

Found a D7200 with 2k shutter count in really good condition. Thank you for the recommendations. Now just need to get some lenses and learn how to use it.
An excellent choice, and with such a low number of shutter actuations should serve you well for quite a long time. I suggest you download the PDF manual from Nikon's web site and study it with the camera in hand.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back