Looking my age.

Guinness

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,
Are there any techniques I can adopt to make myself look older, not necessarily older than I really am, but 'As old as I really am'.
It seems that when I take a snap shot of myself I look younger than I do in the flesh. Admitttedly I was using the camera on my phone and haven't tried with the DSLR yet.

I will be taking some self portraits soon as I don't really have anyone to pose for me, but I want to take some photo's of me showing what I'm intersted in, playing the guitar, working on the car, reading etc.
I'll post the pics when I have done them, it will be the other side of Christmas though.

Any ideas would be very helpful thanks.

You look however old you look to whomever is looking. It's a matter of perception. A technique isn't going to change that. The only way to make you truly look older is to either use professional makeup or some very subtle and sophisiticated PS techniques. People have always told me I look 5-10 years younger than I really am. I just learned to accept it, as it rarely comes up in conversation anyway.

Get the flu. Then, on the next day, get drunk. On the third day, you'll have both the flu and a hangover. Get the portrait taken then. Guaranteed you'll look older.

I think appearance is a big part in people looking a different age. A lady wearing a tank top and flip flops will probably be seen as younger than a lady with dresser clothes. Also sometimes the way your hair looks or face. I'm sure if you grew a big old beard you'd look older lmfao....I think its a good thing to still look younger. Well..unless your 30 and they are still checking your ID..that would be a pain..

If all that fails..just do what Torus34 said ha ha

I thought this might generate some interesting repsonses. Torus34, I think I will go with that.:mrgreen:
I'll grow me a 'lil old beard too, these chin pubes take a while though. :lol:

I took some self portraits yesterday, the first one is from a while back. But the 'Boxing' ones are from yesterday LINK REMOVED
I went for the 'I'll hide my face in shadow' approach. ;)

If you haven't already looked in my profile for my age, take a guess.:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back