Looking to switch to full frame, need advice!

willlem

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

I'm currently looking to buy a full frame camera to replace my current set up. I've been using a Nikon D7100 with two lenses (Nikkor 85mm f1.8, and Nikkor 17-35mm f2.8) for interior and studio photography, plus a Panasonic Lumix GX8 (with a Panasonic 12-35mm f2.8) for street- and event photography.
Since my budget isn't too big at the moment, I am thinking of selling both and going for something professional that will combine the two (so something not super bulky, but more than decent enough to use for everything from studio portraits to low light street and event photography).

Was looking at the Sony Alpha series, is that a good investment? Or am I better off going for a Nikon/Canon full frame for less than what I would pay for the Sony?

Hope anyone can shed some light on my situation, it's a big decision and I don't want to regret it later. Any advice welcome!

Potential budget including lenses ? New or Used/Refurb?

I don't know much about hte SONY DSLRs but their mirrorles a9 seems pretty awesome, but at an awesome price of $4600 +$350 grip (before then $2800 70-200/2.8 lens).

You options in Nikon are the D610, which probably would meet your listed requirements.
The D750 which also would meet your requirements with more features.
Then the D810, D5 are above that.
Your 85mm would also work on the Nikons as that is a FX lens.

Potential budget including lenses ? New or Used/Refurb?

I don't know much about hte SONY DSLRs but their mirrorles a9 seems pretty awesome, but at an awesome price of $4600 +$350 grip (before then $2800 70-200/2.8 lens).

You options in Nikon are the D610, which probably would meet your listed requirements.
The D750 which also would meet your requirements with more features.
Then the D810, D5 are above that.
Your 85mm would also work on the Nikons as that is a FX lens.
Budget would be for a full frame + wide angle (for interior) and standard/portrait lens. Preferably new.

Looked at the A9 myself as well, but that's a bit out of my range I think, going for €5299 in my local camera shop. Was thinking about maybe the A7II or A7sII?

Will definitely have a look at those Nikons, thanks!

Most reactions

Back