Looking to Upgrade My Body

So I've purchased nicer glass (a Tamron 17-50, better than the kit anyways, and a 70-200 f/4L) and have about 20,000 clicks on my T2i and was considering an upgrade to the 70D because I want a larger body and the 19 pt cross type auto focus, better ISO handling, and the touch screen with would enable easier focusing while shooting on a tripod for landscapes, etc.

What advice would you give me?

So I've purchased nicer glass (a Tamron 17-50, better than the kit anyways, and a 70-200 f/4L) and have about 20,000 clicks on my T2i and was considering an upgrade to the 70D because I want a larger body and the 19 pt cross type auto focus, better ISO handling, and the touch screen with would enable easier focusing while shooting on a tripod for landscapes, etc.

What advice would you give me?

You will need very carefully controlled test conditions to even notice that the 70D has better ISO performance than your T2i. There really no dramatic boost in ISO performance in any of the APS-C sensor cameras. The 19 pt cross-focus system (and especially the ability to do life full-time phase-detect AF on the sensor if you shoot video (I never shoot video) are a nice benefit to the 70D. It also has a fairly impressive continuous shooting frame rate (7 fps) if you shoot action and use continuous shooting (I very rarely use that.)

But one nice thing about the 70D is that since it's considered a mid-level body, it gets the large rear-dial and a top LCD and several instant-access buttons to change common settings which require menus or multiple-button combinations to adjust on a T2i. Basically the whole user-interface is more like what you'd find on a pro body.

These are the other reasons I am looking at the upgrade. I more or less assumed since it's a newer sensor and I believe a newer image processor that it would handle ISO better.

All signs still point doing the upgrade though.

These are the other reasons I am looking at the upgrade. I more or less assumed since it's a newer sensor and I believe a newer image processor that it would handle ISO better.

Maybe its time to get the real deal and not play with toys any more ?
Want a REAL upgrade ?

Get the Canon 6D!!!

I could sit here and type out a paragraph about what body you should look at but instead, I'll recommend one and let ya do the research. :)

Canon 70d, not 7d, 70.

Want a REAL upgrade ?

Get the Canon 6D!!!

Nah, if I was going full frame I would just go all in and get a 5DmkIII

Want a REAL upgrade ?

Get the Canon 6D!!!

why? For the same image quality for 1000 more dollars? unless you are shooting sports, i would say 6D

Want a REAL upgrade ?

Get the Canon 6D!!!

why? For the same image quality for 1000 more dollars? unless you are shooting sports, i would say 6D
Totally, totally agree, the 6D is a good camera, unless you do sports or pro work the 6D is all that you will need and as I said will be a true upgrade.

A Nikon shooter pushing the 6D. Now I've seen everything! :wink:

Most reactions

Back