Love That Dirty Water - C&C Appreciated

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
'course, technically this isn't a view over the Charles River, so this title is a LIE... a horrible, unspeakable, lie. It is, however, a Boston skyline. :) I'll post the Charles River view later.

Boston - 20080610 - Financial District Skyline - 015 sm.jpg

nice contrast between the buildings and the sky. I also am impressed with the exposure of the walk way in foreground, it has a nice balance with the rest of the scene. And I am sure that was difficult to get considering you had to use a longer exposure. Great shot!

nice colors and composition but you may want to highlight the buildings just a little more, they're a tad too dark for my taste. but great shot!

Thanks for the comments and kudos, everyone.

Brandon- "Love That Dirty Water" is the title of a song about Boston/The Charles River by... The Standells? Pretty famous older tune... well at least in the US... well, perhaps more in Boston and nowhere else. I dunno. I barely ever leave the area. LOL I liked to an article about it above.

nice colors and composition but you may want to highlight the buildings just a little more, they're a tad too dark for my taste. but great shot!

Thanks. It was actually a hazy night which put a lot more light pollution in the sky, causing me to have to darken the final exposure, thus darken the buildings. (It also knocked the customs house a bit out of focus, which is a bummer... thats the clock tower thing over there more to the right)

Lesson learned: check humidity levels and clarity of the horizon before doing a night shoot. :)

I actually went in again last night, but was happy enough with this shot that I decided to get some different ones. I think I'm still going to have to go back to this place one more time to try to get a less hazy night.

I've returned to the same places in Boston about three times now trying to get it right. Good way to learn, however.

Thanks, all!

Most reactions

Back