Lowepro shoulder bag recommendation for Nikon D5100 plus 3 lenses

ayan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys,

Can you please suggest a compact camera bag (preferably a shoulder bag) to carry my Nikon D5100 with Nikkor 18-55mm kit, 35mm f/1.8g prime and 55-300mm telephoto lenses along with other small accessories such as spare battery, memory card, filters etc.

I've shortlisted the followings, but not so sure about whether my gears will fit into them nicely -
Lowepro Nova 160 AW
Lowepro Nova 170 AW
Lowepro Nova 180 AW
Lowepro Adventura 170

Please help me choose one. Many Thanks!

Hi guys,

Can you please suggest a compact camera bag (preferably a shoulder bag) to carry my Nikon D5100 with Nikkor 18-55mm kit, 35mm f/1.8g prime and 55-300mm telephoto lenses along with other small accessories such as spare battery, memory card, filters etc.

I've shortlisted the followings, but not so sure about whether my gears will fit into them nicely -
Lowepro Nova 160 AW
Lowepro Nova 170 AW
Lowepro Nova 180 AW
Lowepro Adventura 170

Please help me choose one. Many Thanks!

First, the bag/device you use depends upon the circumstances and how you're shooting. For instance, on my last location shoot I used a messenger bag (b/c I needed my MacAir). The shoot before that I used a Tamrac holster. The shoot before that, an Under Armour backpack that I'd inserted a Timbuktu set of pads in to. My guess is that you want to be able to access your gear while traveling (i.e.: this isn't a camera backpack or Pelikan situation where it stays in storage until you get to your location). I also think that the 55-300mm is going to be the challenge here (storing it and accessing it easily while having all the other stuff). One other thought...if you add a speed light to your gear than I'm not sure any of these options would be workable without leaving something home.

Second, and this is even more important, how it rides on you, how it feels, the ergonomics...it's all an individual thing. This is especially true with slings, backpacks, and messenger bags.

So get thee down to a Best Buy or a camera story and try 'em on and see what feels right for you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back