Lucky Snap o' the Week!

seanberry

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I saw my dog sitting out in the snow (let her in too) but thought "perfect picture moment". So I grabbed my camera and flash and opened the door. It was black through the viewfinder and autofocus just flopped back and forth so I flicked the ring and actually came out with something surprisingly sharp! My one problem is the paws (or lack there of) but for not being able to see the scene at all -- pretty good, eh?

Stella_Snow.jpg

Edit: Oops! That should say "Lucky Snap o' the Week"

OK, edited the typo in the title for you.
And you are so right: for you not seeing a thing when you took this photo it came out incredibly well!
Your dog is a beautiful model, anyway, though, so if anything goes wrong in taking his photo, it cannot be HIS fault :greenpbl: :biggrin: ...!

Sheltie? or Collie? Hard to tell with no reference for size.

I am torn. I love dogs, especially Shelties and Collies. I see potential here. But the contrast of the dark to light throws me off. Too much dark with no detail. I would have tried to fill some light on the right side. Are there other photos? I just started the technique of shooting 3FPS even with still subhects to help get rid of blinking and catching the right expression. It's digital so I can take hundreds of photos to get that "one" shot.

I know shooting in snow is difficult, thank goodness we do not get a lot of it, if any.

Anyway, I tightened up on your beautiful dog to an image I had in my mind.
Stella_Snow-edit-1.jpg

BTW, take my comments lightly, I am very much an amateur with a lot of room for improvement.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back