dragonfly4.jpg

sound.jpg

bugondaisy.jpg

dragonfly1-1.jpg

SensualRose1.jpg

Since I don't post photos too much, I kinda got carried away. :biggrin:

Comment if you like.​

Nice to see someone else doing macros.

#1 The nose, Love it. Extremely clear, light the little bit of sunshine on the tip of his/her nose. Makes me wonder what's he's trying to see, is he sad because he can't get out. Lot's of emotions come up here.
#2 The red bug, very sharp photo, nice contrasting colors the red and purple, but too much flower, not enough bug.
#3 Very nice but I think I would flip it to make him heading upwards instead of down. Sorry, but you also left a tiny spec of dust in the lower purple portion.
#4 The ladybug. Once again a very clear, nice photo. The color of the ladybug looks a little to orange. I think it would be nicer if it were a little redder.
#5 The spider, interesting but is he missing some legs?
#6 Excellent, beautiful shot. Just clone out some of the white spots as they really take away from this.
#7 Nice clear shot, but not for me. I don't know why.
#8 My favorite. Not much to say but WOW.
#9 Nice capture of a bee in flight and I know very hard to do. Also makes it very hard to make an interesting photo, without some sort of background.
#10 Really nice capture, contrasting colors and everything else. Have you ever tried stacking photos because this looks to me like a good candidate for stacking.
#11 Beautiful and perfect to me.
#12 The rose, i think is one of the hardest flowers to photograph. You see all it's flaws and I think it kind of takes away from the beauty of the flower when the petals are not perfect. Hard to comment on composition of this one as I'm just not sure. It's not in the top of my favorites here.

Just my opinion:

#1 Funny. Of course I'm a dog lover so I have a bias. It is also different for a macro photo.

#2 Nice technically but it just doesn't grab me.

#3 I keep turning my head to look at it horizontally.

#4 The dark shape and the fuzzy thing towards the top right are annoying to my eye.

#5 That poor thing seems to be missing 3 legs and it just makes the photo weird. I think it is too bad as it otherwise would have been a very good one.

#6 I like that one. The body being cut off does not bother me -- it's an extreme close-up -- but I would have prefered it if the legs were not.

#7 Just doesn't do anything for me. It doesn't look sharp like the rest of them. Probably a digital problem and am too new to digital to know what...

#8 Simply love it.

#9 Although I imagine it is a very hard shot to get, the background is so blah that the photo is not interesting. Maybe you can add some elements to the background...

#10 Very nice

#11 My favorite of the series

#12 Unfortunately, I saw a beautiful, beautiful macro of a rose just yesterday and yours pales in comparison.

Overall, very nice series.

Geeesh, I really didn't expect anyone to comment on all the photos, much less more than one. I'll respond as I see fit. :biggrin:

Nice to see someone else doing macros.

#1 The nose, Love it. Extremely clear, light the little bit of sunshine on the tip of his/her nose. Makes me wonder what's he's trying to see, is he sad because he can't get out. Lot's of emotions come up here.
It's a he and he was bored....

#2 The red bug, very sharp photo, nice contrasting colors the red and purple, but too much flower, not enough bug.
I thought the contrast between it's size and the size of the wisteria bud was compelling.

#3 Very nice but I think I would flip it to make him heading upwards instead of down. Sorry, but you also left a tiny spec of dust in the lower purple portion.
Good eye, I missed it.

#4 The ladybug. Once again a very clear, nice photo. The color of the ladybug looks a little to orange. I think it would be nicer if it were a little redder.
But, but, but........ it WAS orange.

#5 The spider, interesting but is he missing some legs?
Reminds me of a Meatloaf song..... 5 Out of 8 Ain't Bad....

#8 My favorite. Not much to say but WOW.
Thanks.

#9 Nice capture of a bee in flight and I know very hard to do. Also makes it very hard to make an interesting photo, without some sort of background.
Chasing it around the yard, I guess the ground is the background. Is this any better? CLICKY

#10 Really nice capture, contrasting colors and everything else. Have you ever tried stacking photos because this looks to me like a good candidate for stacking.
No, but I have read a little on it.

#11 Beautiful and perfect to me.
Thanks.

#12 The rose, i think is one of the hardest flowers to photograph. You see all it's flaws and I think it kind of takes away from the beauty of the flower when the petals are not perfect. Hard to comment on composition of this one as I'm just not sure. It's not in the top of my favorites here.
Flowers aren't my thing. Perfection is difficult to find, much less capture an image of. The flaws are part of life to me.

Nice shots. Can I ask what equipment you used?
Thanks, yes you may.

Just my opinion:

#1 Funny. Of course I'm a dog lover so I have a bias. It is also different for a macro photo.
Cheers. I don't necessarily think macro is destined to bugs and flowers exclusively.

But, but, but it was facing downward.

#4 The dark shape and the fuzzy thing towards the top right are annoying to my eye.
An ant savoring nectar from the same plant.

#6 I like that one. The body being cut off does not bother me -- it's an extreme close-up -- but I would have prefered it if the legs were not.
This was an extreme crop from the original.

#7 Just doesn't do anything for me. It doesn't look sharp like the rest of them. Probably a digital problem and am too new to digital to know what...
Nope, it's a poorly focused shot that I threw in to make 12x. I've been trying to catch these little flies and this is the best so far....

#8 Simply love it.
Thanks.

#9 Although I imagine it is a very hard shot to get, the background is so blah that the photo is not interesting. Maybe you can add some elements to the background...
Fair enough. Is this one any better?

#12 Unfortunately, I saw a beautiful, beautiful macro of a rose just yesterday and yours pales in comparison.
I DON'T DO FLOWERS....... :lol:

Agreed. LOVE number 1.
Cheers.

Thanks again to all of you for taking the time to comment.... much appreciated.

Oh, Rere.... I won't swear to it, but I'd put money on these were taken with Nikon D700, 105mm f/2.8 VR lens and likely used an SB-800 on hotshoe.

all i gotta say is how the hell do you do that thats awesome....
It's pretty easy. I just hit the MQ button to all the responses that I wanted to address and then embedded my respon...........

Oh wait... I bet you mean the images.... silly me.
.... I won't swear to it, but I'd put money on these were taken with Nikon D700, 105mm f/2.8 VR lens and likely used an SB-800 on hotshoe.
Add in a truck load of patience, a boat load of perseverence and a tanker load of rejects. Eventually a blind hog will find an acorn...... where's me spectacles..... :D

I'm envious of your dragonflies. I love dragonflies and spend hours trying to capture them. Nice work, but I'm sure you know that. ;) haha

Holy crap man...

Were these all taken with the 105?

The bugs are crazy... I like the last one (rose) a lot too.

Thanks Threesia, Josh and Lyncca.

mooimeisie, no need to apologize.... I did say to comment if you like..... I was just floored that someone did. :lol:

Cheers. I don't necessarily think macro is destined to bugs and flowers exclusively.

But, but, but it was facing downward.

An ant savoring nectar from the same plant.

This was an extreme crop from the original.

Nope, it's a poorly focused shot that I threw in to make 12x. I've been trying to catch these little flies and this is the best so far....

#8 Simply love it.
Thanks.

Fair enough. Is this one any better?

I DON'T DO FLOWERS....... :lol:
[/quote]

#1 Right on! I agree but don't see much else.

#3 Well... I'm sure he won't mind if you make him head west :lol:

#5 So? What happened to the legs? Did you torture this poor thing?

#6 Wow! Seeing the full image I can't help but wonder why you cropped it.

#9 Yeah, much nicer. Both of them.

#12 I see. Just bugs and dog noses :lol:

#1 Right on! I agree but don't see much else.
Well, I did take this one for the Boxer Turtle thingy. I think there's still time to vote also.

#5 So? What happened to the legs? Did you torture this poor thing?
I shoot 'em as I find 'em. :lol:

#6 Wow! Seeing the full image I can't help but wonder why you cropped it.
It was an example for somebody else in another galaxy far far away.

#9 Yeah, much nicer. Both of them.
Cheers.....

#12 I see. Just bugs and dog noses :lol:
Some of them would not be permitted on TPF. :biglaugh:

Thanks again cloudwalker.......

Most reactions

New Topics

Back