Macro Spider C&C

bgaideski

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bjgphoto.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was taking some macro shots the other day when I noticed this little guy. C&C always welcome!

Be sure to check out all of the images here: Photos by Brian Gaideski: Macro Spider and Yucca Seeds

DSC_6347B.JPG

DSC_6345A.JPG

yes, spider photography always gets some criticism, because their are sooo many people who hate them!

as far as insects go, ive found spiders to be the most willing to cooperate with me and pose nice for the camera. :)

something about the winged bugs makes them harder to capture... probably the wings :)

Nice shots!

I was also very apprehensive of spiders until I started using them as subjects. Now I will get quite close & not be intimidated. But oh gawd I hate walking into a web.

Nice shots!

I was also very apprehensive of spiders until I started using them as subjects. Now I will get quite close & not be intimidated. But oh gawd I hate walking into a web.
I concur!
If you look closely they always will wink one eye at you.;)

Pretty great for using a reversing ring - I think you'd do some awesome work with a real macro lens.

Number 1 looks awesome. Almost looks like he is pulling that stem up.

Thanks for all the compliments!

Pretty great for using a reversing ring - I think you'd do some awesome work with a real macro lens.

reznap, I want to get one really bad, I just don't know if its in my budget in the near future. its too bad bugs arent willing to pay for their portrait!

i need to make my way to a camera shop and see if they have any macro lenses i can check out. other then money, im not exactly sure which focal length id want to get if i did buy a lens... im on Nikon, anyone here have any of the macro lenses that wants to throw me a fan sales pitch? :)

I'm a Canon user, so can't give you Nikon specifics. One suggestion I would make, if you are interested in bugs and other tiny living things, is to go long -- 150 or 180mm. As much as I love my Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro, I wish it were longer so I didn't have to get so close and scare off my subjects. The Canon 180mm macro is quite pricey, but I've heard good things about the Sigma.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back