Magic future telling lamp!?

crawdaddio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ha! I don't know what to title these threads anymore. I had a great sunny day here in central IL. Shot about three rolls of B&W film. Yes that's right, I'm back on to film! Well, I also shot a bunch of digital. Here's a few (digital) for your consideration. Let me know what you all think............

Globe
globe.jpg

Globes
globes.jpg

Globes with wall
globeswall.jpg

Twisted lamp
twistedlamp.jpg

Stair to cloud (Better in color or B&W?)
stairtocloud.jpg

B&W version
stairtocloudBW.jpg

As always, I appreciate your viewing and comments/critiques:sexywink:

~DC

Man, you guys are fast with the replies. So *drumroll* survey says.....y'all like #5? I prefer the color as well. I really like the reflection in #1, but I think my fav of these is #4.

Thanks bunches for the quick replies.

AWesome shots. It is really tough to pic one fave here. Something about the second shot keeps me coming back to it.

A-HA! I KNEW IT! You're at U of I!!!! :lmao: I went there too. For days now I've been suspecting, based on your photographs. You do an awesome job of not making them look non- U of I-y....so much so that it took me a week to figure it out.

These are awesome shots....I miss Krannert!! I love #5 in color. We had a gorgeous day in Illinois today didn't we?

Go Illini :lol:

awesome, 5 is much better in color! And what an interesting shot! Stairway to Heaven lol :lol:

PachelbelsCanon350D said:
A-HA! I KNEW IT! You're at U of I!!!! :lmao: I went there too. For days now I've been suspecting, based on your photographs. You do an awesome job of not making them look non- U of I-y....so much so that it took me a week to figure it out.

These are awesome shots....I miss Krannert!! I love #5 in color. We had a gorgeous day in Illinois today didn't we?

Go Illini :lol:

I do live in the land of the fighting Illini *sigh*. Not a student here though. So, you know the Krannert, eh? It's a great theatre/place to take photos.

Yes we did!
Thanks for your comments. BTW, whereabouts in Chi do you live? I used to live there for many years. GREAT city for a photog, so get out and shoot!

Also----bumpity bump

I really like #2 as well. I think it is the globes being set off against the black background and then the red off to the side. It is really great.

crawdaddio said:
I do live in the land of the fighting Illini *sigh*. Not a student here though. So, you know the Krannert, eh? It's a great theatre/place to take photos.

Yes we did!
Thanks for your comments. BTW, whereabouts in Chi do you live? I used to live there for many years. GREAT city for a photog, so get out and shoot!

Also----bumpity bump

Oops, I had mistyped something in my fatigue yesterday. You do a good job making the photos look non-cliche-U-of-I. I put a double negative in there yesterday. :lol:

That being said...I don't actually live in Chicago, I live in the burbs...I work in the far northwest side, in Ravenswood area, and used to work right in the Loop. I definitely need to get out and shoot more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back