Malaysian travelling to Spain?

Don Simon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all, I've not ventured into the Off-Topic forum before but it seemed the place to go for this. This has absolutely nothing at all to do with photography and I have no reason to think there are any travel agents here, but I know there are some very clever and knowledgeable people here :hail: (hmm, why isn't there an "ass-kissing" smiley? :mrgreen:)

Anyhoo, I'm attempting to book a holiday. After several holiday plans fell apart, a few friends of mine have left it completely in my hands to find and book a holiday in Spain for specific dates. I managed to find one, however it's a real last-minute thing and I doubt whether it will still be available even tomorrow. Therefore I'm attempting to book pretty much now. The only problem I can see is that although most of us have British/EU passports, one has a Malaysian passport. Last year he flew into Amsterdam Schiphol without any problems, and I'm about 99% sure he doesn't need a Visa for travelling to Spain, but that 1% is worrying me. Unfortunately I can't contact the guy himself at the moment because he is actually in Malaysia right now - without his phone :meh:. It's too late today for me to contact the Spanish Embassy or Tourist Office in London, so I just thought I'd post here and see if by some miracle someone happened to know whether a Malaysian passport-holder requires a Visa to visit Spain. Anyone at all? Please? If anyone can help with this I'd be very grateful; possibly grateful enough to send you a cookie in the mail:drool: well I'd say thankyou anyway :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back