MAN, do I love my new Nifty Fifty

Dionysus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
went to shoot an old historic graveyard after sunrise this morning, and man does this lens kick ass. Can't wait to truly get comfortable with it. I'll share pics later.

Last edited:
i havent even d/l it on my computer yet (after work) but from the post pic display on the lcd, they look crazy sharp where i wanted them to be. this lens is awesome.

let me see the picture...that is interesting graveyard pics..

Well, what can I say? They really are incredible lenses. They just open you up to a whole new perspective on photography.

When I bought my used body, it didn't come with a lens. I ordered a nifty fifty and so my first DSLR setup is an XTi + nifty fifty. I am going to order my 2nd lens pretty soon. No way possible that I can afford an "L" lens right now so I know that I may get frustrated a little when shooting in low light situation or when wanting that awesome bokeh. The downside to owning a nifty fifty is being spoiled.

i can see myself getting spoiled by this lens.

I have only read good things about this lens. I ordered mine off of amazon and am expecting it by the end of the week.

Anything i need to know about the lens? (considering i am a COMPLETE noob)

I have only read good things about this lens. I ordered mine off of amazon and am expecting it by the end of the week.

Anything i need to know about the lens? (considering i am a COMPLETE noob)

Take a deep breath and start shooting.

i ordered mine from amazon as well. best deal

All these posts about the lens… I see a used one selling for $80 online. Kinda hard to resist….

well this thread finally did it to me. after reading it i went out and bought me a 50mm f1.8af (nikor).

all i can say is wow, such an amazing little lens. i don't know if ill be going back to my others any time soon.
thanks guys for convincing me to finally get it.

Mine will be in tomorrow i am excited Nikor 1.8 af
Troy

They're ok, spherical aberrations galore though, and if you don't need the speed, there are better lenses out there. For the price though, they're great.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back