Manchester Meetup Pictures! (not <56k friendly!)

Rob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ukphotographs.com
Well, it was only me and PlasticSpanner (Chris) so it was a quiet meetup. I'd like to reassure everyone that there was still plenty of getting lost involved, and quite a few pubs too.

Here's a small selection of the pictures, some good, some not so good!

We started at the viewing area of Manchester airport, where there are aeroplanes:

prop.jpg

Having a 100-400 lens is very handy!

The pilots are very friendly and wave at the kids, which really excites them!

italy.jpg

The noise is quite impressive when the planes are taking off, even the little jets kick up a fuss:

swiss.jpg

There's also some old aeroplanes lying around, quite literally lying around in the car park!

old.jpg

I'm not terribly good with planes, but it was a fighter type thing made of wood... must have been scarey as hell!

Arty shot of the plane's side light bit:

wing.jpg

Chris, in true TPF style, was having no truck with airport police, warning signs or barriers when there was a shot to be had:

chris.jpg

We moved on to an old water mill, which had impressive sandstone walls with some very old graffiti:

graf.jpg

One of Chris with his shadow:

chris2.jpg

That evening we went out for a drink, but didn't take cameras as it was peeing with rain and we fully intended to take advantage of the local facilities.

The following day we went to Jodrell Bank radio telescope observatory. It's erm... BIG

jodrell.jpg

As you can see, the weather was not very good at all.

It's BIG, did I mention that?

jodrell2.jpg

We then headed our separate ways, and that was that!

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed the piccies! I'll organise a London meet when the weather improves.

Rob

thanks for sharing Rob! I knew you'd get lost!! :D

Reactions: Rob
A pity so few only came, but those who got together sure had fun, getting lost, getting a beer, getting some piccies :D.
A bigger UK meet-up is in order.
Others: make it possible to go!
It is such fun!
If I weren't flying to the DC-one, I'd have loved to go to this one again!

Nice shots Rob...but you know we all wanted to see the two of you slamming them down at the pub!

If all goes well at the DC Meetup (that no one kills anyone else), I would be up for the Second Annual International PhotoForum Meetup to be in London.

Couple more!

The best plane in the world:

concorde.jpg

An abstracty one of a wing:

colours.jpg

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Rob

Great series, Rob! Nice capture of Chris ignoring the Keep Out sign... :lol:

Glad you guys made it out, anyway. :thumbup:

Nice shots there Rob! :thumbup:

I didn't leave Jodrell until about 3pm. Found some nice spots in the gardens and the telescope guys turned the dish to give me a better angle! :lol:

Started processing my films as soon as I got in. I hope the shots of the Trident were worth the risk of getting arrested by the police (although they didn't look to concerned when they drove past! )

BTW Rob has forgotten to mention that he managed to pick out what was possibly the most frightening pub in Altringham! (for a southerner anyway! :lol: )

A couple of our star model..... This is Chris' son Noah and some including Vicky (sp?) his wife!

Thanks again all for the comments!

noah.jpg

noah1.jpg

noah2.jpg

noah3.jpg

Rob

Most reactions

New Topics

Back