Marketing

jor133d

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello.

I have a more specific question now. How do photographers gain access to high school juniors address's to send marketing material to them for senior photographs?

My sister was a junior last year and was just bombarded with direct mail marketing, and now... nothing.

Do they use annuals? Can you obtain marketing lists of parents who have children in that age bracket? How does that work?

I'm guessing they do it through the school...and they may have to have an agreement or contract with the school because I don't think a school would just give out names and addresses, at least I hope they don't.

I'm guessing they do it through the school...and they may have to have an agreement or contract with the school because I don't think a school would just give out names and addresses, at least I hope they don't.
Amen to that... it would be scary if they gave out addresses to anybody who asked.

I had younger brothers and sisters with a school directory so that's how I got addresses to send marketing materials (only one person ended up calling though). And, I think they discontinued doing the school directory at their high school for some reason. Lots of schools already have a way for photographers to get at their seniors. I would call all of the schools in your area to find your way in.

go to info usa and type in exactly what you want and you'll get it...if you don't get it immediatly for some reason a rep for the company will contact you and you'll get it that way.

You can get as specific as you want...right down to favorite underware color....i don't know why that would matter, but you can get a list based on it if you like.

Mike V

yeah just buy the data from info USA... it's scary what you can find... and NO Radio Shack you can't have my phone number! :grumpy:

Most reactions

Back