May as well introduce myself

einhorn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,
I am 36, live in the far nw burbs of Chicago, married with 1 son. I have always liked photography but been discouraged by having to take my film to a processor and paying them 10 bucks to develop it. I currently have a Minolta Maxxum 5 w/ sigma lenses (70-300mm w/ macro setting & 18(?)-55mm w/ macro setting). Just a regular old film SLR.

My recent interest has been lifted by the sudden passing of my father a couple weeks ago who was just getting back to his passion of photography (along with my brother). So this is how I am coming about getting a DSLR, not really the way I wanted to get one but.....I feel that I would like to better myself in this hobby. You know carry on his legacy.

I look forward to learning a lot here.
Thanks.

Glad to have you aboard. Welcome!

I too have Minolta cameras and lenses for film and the 100mm macro and the 85 variable focus would be my favorite lenses of the selection I have. I have loaded one of them with film and hope to go out tomorrow and take some photos using it. Feel like I am not getting the results I like on the digital, think something is wrong with it. on the camera screen all is ok but load it to any computer and the photos are nearly black, which means alot of work.
Look forward to seeing some of your photos and also sorry to hear about your dad passing over

Welcome to the forum.

I'm very sorry to hear of your father's death, and hope that carrying on his legacy by enjoying photography gives you some measure of peace.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back