darich

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.darich.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there.
I'm soon to head off to NYC for a wedding (as a guest, not the photographer!) but i'll have my camera and no doubt shoot hundreds of images in the week that I'm there.
I've got 4 1gb Sandisk cards and recently upgraded my camera. My shot count has now dropped to around 170images per card using top quality jpeg.

Has anyone heard of Delkin Devices cards??
I'no problem using B&H but i don't want to buy a DD card then discover they're rotten or have issues with Canons.

Has anyone heard of them or used them? they seem pretty cheap and appealing but I'd rather pay more to ensure my shots were safe than buy cheap cards and lose images.

Alternatively can anyone receommend a storage device that has a large capacity, say 10gb, that way i could shoot in RAW for the entire trip??

Delkin is one of the biggest in the business. I have no idea if Canon doesn't like them but they should work like any other. I used to use them all the time in my pre-SLR digital camera.

Thanks
Any idea on a portable storage device incase i decide to go down that road instead of more cards?
I've seen the Wolverine Flashpac but never heard of it before. is it any good? what about an alternative?

Sorry, I've never had one. I just carry a bunch of cards. I download them to computer after the shoot and archive the keepers on DVD RW. There is probably a better way but I just haven't experienced it.

I don't know if you've shopped around to a lot of online stores, but one in particular I've used is www.newegg.com - their prices are really great and have some photography equipment as well as memory cards. We got a bunch of 1 MB cards from NewEgg for $19 a piece, with card readers included for the police department I work at. Just thought it would be a site you'd want to keep in mind when shopping around!

Most reactions

Back