Milky Way 2 - stacked files

I meant to ask, I know you just got a wide angle lens, forget which, was this shot on it? I am in the market to complete my kit and am always looking for input.

Both are fantastic shots.

My preference is the second image editing however both are great images.

Thanks!

I meant to ask, I know you just got a wide angle lens, forget which, was this shot on it? I am in the market to complete my kit and am always looking for input.

Yes it was with the Samyang 12mm f2. I like it for astro and don’t use it much for anything else. I prefer a zoom for landscapes so I can avoid cropping.

Both are fantastic shots.

Thank you!

hey @photoflyer I know you keep saying they are satellites but I prefer to see them as shooting stars!

hey @photoflyer I know you keep saying they are satellites but I prefer to see them as shooting stars!

That works.

I was out two nights ago with the telescope, in the city, and 4 "shooting stars" passed overhead in the exact same trajectory about a minute apart. For years I've watched for them and it might take 10-20 minutes to spot the first. Now, they're everywhere. Thanks Elon.

That works.

I was out two nights ago with the telescope, in the city, and 4 "shooting stars" passed overhead in the exact same trajectory about a minute apart. For years I've watched for them and it might take 10-20 minutes to spot the first. Now, they're everywhere. Thanks Elon.

When I was in Hawaii (about 6 years ago) we went to an observatory and were able to use their huge telescopes to see some very cool stuff including the rings on Saturn and many many satellites passing by. If it were darker skies around here I would be more into astronomy. I hope when I retire I will be able to have a place in the mountains where there will be less light pollution.

Most reactions

Back