Minolta XD-11

I fully intent to keep it. My boyfriend does estate sales for people, and this couple we were working with; had all this photography stuff. The husband had a lot of Minolta XD11 stuff and sold me everything for 80 dollars. I've been dying to get back involved into photography. so when this came up, I was pleased. I was able to find the original user manual from a company called Craigs Camera, from CT. He seems to be excellent for finding things like this

Craig Camera: World Source for Photographic Manuals

Yeah, I felt that a Christmas Angel smiled at me :)

Here are a few pix -- taken quickly this afternoon. The camera has an attached Autowinder D (a rudimentary motor drive that that screws onto the bottom of the camera and runs on AA batteries -- it is actually only good enough to advance the film, not really a full motor) and the Rokkor-X 300mm f5.6

I also have the Rokkor-X 50mm f1.4, 50mm f3.5 Macro, 24mm f2.8, 35mm f2.8, and a Soligor 135mm f3.5.

I have a reversing ring (remember those?), Vivitar 2X TC, close-up lenses, and polarizers for all the lenses. I have a few assorted ND and some B/W filters as well. I also have a lot of cleaning to do -- not all of the lenses had caps/filters mounted.

Popular Photography – Get the Latest Photo Tips on PopPhoto.com

This is just like the one I aquired a year ago. I'm having so much fun learning about this amazing camera.

Coincidentally, I found this XD11 at a local camera show this past
Sunday for a very good price and snagged it.

I love the quiet sound of the shutter on these cameras -- much like
an RF Leica.

This one works perfectly -- just needs new light seals which is an easy
job.

Another nice thing about Minoltas in general is that there are numerous
lenses of high optical quality available for them at dirt cheap prices. ;)

xd11.jpg
book.png

Beautful with the all black look. do you know of any online stores that carry more accessories for the xd11?

KEH is good and there's always lots of stuff on eBay.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back