MkII

pez

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The K-1 MkII is about to hit the (online) stores!

Yeah, I really want one. I'm sort of surprised that the K1 price hasn't dropped more. Last check I did there was only a couple hundred difference.

Probably because of the very generous Ricoh "upgrade" offer. For the company, I would think that it keeps hoards of cheap K-1 bodies off the used market- a win for sales. If I had gone for a K-1 when it came out, I would jump on the deal for the upgrade for sure.

Probably because of the very generous Ricoh "upgrade" offer. For the company, I would think that it keeps hoards of cheap K-1 bodies off the used market- a win for sales. If I had gone for a K-1 when it came out, I would jump on the deal for the upgrade for sure.

I was talking about the new unsold inventory of K1, still in stores. It doesn't make sense to me to buy a K1 for $1700, then pay the $500 upgrade cost and be without camera while they do it, when in a few weeks I can buy the new version ready to go at $1900.

I guess I was suggesting that the relative lack of used K-1 Mk1 bodies might cause the price of new ones remain higher.

I guess I was suggesting that the relative lack of used K-1 Mk1 bodies might cause the price of new ones remain higher.

Yeah I don't think there's a large surplus of used K1's out there. I've seen some used ones popping up in the last couple months in $1300-$1400 range, still that's pretty steep when you can buy a new one for $1700.

And so far there is no fire sale on new Mk1's, which has traditionally happened with Pentax. The only time that I took advantage of it was when I bought two new K-01 bodies for a song (and never regretted it in the least).

Most reactions

Back