Mocking Bird On The Roof

I can appreciate some noise, but a little too much here given the subject... for me anyways. Otherwise a great shot that I really like the moodiness of.

I like it except for the wavy part on the left side of the frame. I saw the identically-titled image in another post, in full-color, and liked it very much. I do not mind this kind of noise in a B&W image...I grew up on Tri-X, so I do not mind images that have grain, or noise, either one. I can see through it.

I'm with Derrel, if it even remotely reminds me of Tri-X it's good.

Joe

Tri-X in HC-110 was my favorite. The section on the left was completely blown out, I did my best but I'm not crazy about that part of the image either.

Here is another try at it.

Mocking Bird BW-2 by TOM STRAIGHT, on Flickr

Last edited:
I looked at the original color image; it's odd how bizarrely the background of that color shot was when the original was converted to B&W! I think this new msexcond B&W version is somewhat better. Now it looks more like a raging fire behind the bird! But seriously though, I think this is an improved version of the first B&W look. I like this background rendering much better.

I looked at the original color image; it's odd how bizarrely the background of that color shot was when the original was converted to B&W! I think this new msexcond B&W version is somewhat better. Now it looks more like a raging fire behind the bird! But seriously though, I think this is an improved version of the first B&W look. I like this background rendering much better.
Yes, that SMUDGE tool in PS does come in handy from time to time, I like it better too.

Image 3-21-17 at 11.03 PM.jpg
You have photos ok to edit so I took the liberty but I can pull it you want. I used Noiseware plug In by Imagenomic then used a retouch brush to remove what ever that is on the left side of the frame.Looking @ the original it almost looks you did a global sharpening intensifing the noise but @ ISO 1250 on a D750 I would think the file would be super clean.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Ah got it,I missed you did intentionally. It has character in B&W.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back