Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just starting out with my new DSLR and would like to build a portfolio. Where does everyone find models who are willing to pose for someone new behind the camera? Thanks.

1. Stop at Bestbuy purchase DSLR
2. remove from box
3. Shoot hot babe/instant portfolio/success follows
4. Win at life

iconhammer.gif

I'm just starting out with my new DSLR and would like to build a portfolio. Where does everyone find models who are willing to pose for someone new behind the camera? Thanks.

With no more self-motivation than what your post indicates, and the negative outlook your replies suggest, I think you're going to have serious problems getting your project off the ground.

Atlanta, being a large city, is teeming with model wanna be's, more than happy to pose for photography wanna be's.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/

Of course now that you have a DSLR, you'll need to learn about and get the necessary equipment for posing, photographic lighting, image editing, etc. Plus learn about model release laws in Georgia, and portfolio design/layout.

1. Stop at Bestbuy purchase DSLR
2. remove from box
3. Shoot hot babe/instant portfolio/success follows
4. Win at life

iconhammer.gif
hail to the chef or the chief whichever

I would try doing some street photography of people first then advance to the whole model thing

Models don't always have to be someone that you are sexually attracted to. You can get a middle aged housewife to model with you, or the bag girl at your local supermarket. Its a matter of accentuating their positives and taking quality pictures with quality post processing. There are plenty of models on modelmayhem that aren't the hottest things in the world either. Expand your outlook on it and you could easily find people to pose for you. Then you would have enough for modeling mayhem and may also be able to gain some people by telling each model you work with to tell their friends ( or post their pic to your facebook and tag them. Then all their friends will end up on your facebook page to view her pics. KMH nailed it though, if you don't get a more positive outlook and more motivation, you are going to fade quick in the world of shooting models, or any type of photography for that matter.

craigslist is your best bet i post daily and just pick out the fat ugly girls and get lucky once in a while offer 20 an hour get better chances and nude models =0

Depends upon what you're planning on shooting. First, on most college campuses, there are plenty of students interested in modeling, especially in exchange for headshots for their acting portfolio or to show off their design and fashion work or in exchange for other trade work. The key is to make it a trade...you shoot their cosplay costumes and you shoot them in the theme you're interested in. The other option is to find a really unique concept or great place to shoot (like the interior of a special location or a waterfall as a backdrop). Otherwise plan on hiring a professional model. You'll get someone who won't flake, will be able to guide you through your amateur mistakes, and assume effective poses so that you actually get some decent results from your first shoot. Once you have good stuff in your portfolio, you have a chance of attracting some models b/c they think they'll get good work from you.

Okay this is a thread from 2011..... So for today and today only this one is for Derrel.
Zombie Thread Day.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back