Monochrome captures, Comments/critism

jedblack

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,

after taking a extended sabatical from photography due to sheer frustration with my photography results... I've decided to update my site, buy a new 24-120 VR and clean every nook of my D100 and start fresh.... here are some shots that I took this past Sat. and used PS to convert to monochrome

as always... I turn to the experts on this forum for advise, critique, critisism(good for the soul) heh....

edit: just read the guildlines for posting, I think there need to be comparison between all of them for fluidness.... do they follow the same emotion from one to the next? I personally get real sense of humility and humbleness out of them..

then there is also the technical portion of the post... lighting exposure, composition, so forth and so on

Nikon D100, 24-120VR, Manual S&A, auto white balance,
I think the EXIF data is still intact on the photos....

Sympathy.jpg

Paradise.jpg

HardTimes.jpg

Theater.jpg

I like the 3rd one. The other 3 aren't so interesting. I like the offset framing and use of space on the right, but think You've taken it a little too far. I'd try cropping out the white strip on the top down to his hair, up from the bottom a little, and to the first metal hoop on the bench. You also need to open up the shadows a little. Otherwise, nice...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back