Montreal night cityscapes - CC please

bigtwinky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pierrebphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Met up with a friend at the last minute and pounded the pavement for a good 5 hours on Saturday.

I haven't had time to work on many of the shots, but here are my fave so far.

Would love to get some CC :)

1- the highway is hard to take photos of as they have it fenced off all around. Found a little nook I could stick my camera in to get this..

Canon XSI, f/7.1, 10mm, ISO 100, 15 secs
4084816246_50835879c8_o.jpg

2- I had issues with this composition. The horizon is slightly too middleish, but its the best that works IMO. Managed to get on the 2nd floor of a parking garage to get this angle. Should of increased the aperture.. :grumpy:

Canon XSI, f/4, 10mm, ISO 200, 3 shutters.
4084815886_b4635b4f27_o.jpg

3- We wanted to take cityhall at sunset but when we got there (without much time to spare) we found that it was under renovation and pretty fugly. So we hurried to find another half decent spot and this is what I got

Canon XSI, f/13, 22mm, ISO 100m, 4 shutters
4084816048_b38c7a7851_o.jpg

Thanks PatrickHMS. The slant was intentional. I had a few without the slant which weren't as nice. I feel the slant adds more to the action. I just wish I had more streaks of red on the far side.

I love the second one and also the last. If the grass were cropped out it draws more attention to the sky and buildings... Nice.

I love the first one - I can imagine buying it as a poster!

The second one leaves me cold, not sure I can define why. The non-straight horizon bothers me somewhat.

I like parts of the third one - the colour contrast of the buildings against the sky for example.

I love the top halves of the 2nd and 3rd shots. Really nice i just dont get anything from the foregrounds.

Great Photos! Your eyes just move with the clouds in the 2nd shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back