Moonlight Panorama

drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
This is not a very smooth merge but it was such a nice scene I thought I'd post it. This is the west side of Colorado Springs in the moonlight 1/25/05. That is Cheyenne Mountain on the left (where NORAD is), Pikes Peak on the right with the Garden of the Gods in front of it.

Although tremendously reduced it is still a very big file.

Pananorama2re1200.jpg

Lucky me, I still use the bad monitor for anything that comes to me through the internet (such as TPF!), therefore all I see is a surprisingly nice panorama of which (not for the first time) I wonder how it has been made. I've tried to get panoramas out of my film prints and later stick them together with Scotch band, but the prints still need to go askew here or there to make it fit - so I wonder how you could make it fit so well here?

The software does all the the heavy lifting here. In Adobe you just select File - Automate - Photomerge. Then browse to find three or four adjacent/overlapping photos, select them all and click OK. It matches and stiches all on it's own. Then I cropped to make it look even, did some clean up with healing brush, etc and regular editing and enhancement. I'm so busy lately I just don't have the time to spend 2-3 hours on this to get it more seamless looking. If I'd thought of it, it would have helped to use total manual settings for the four pictures so the exposure would be even picture to picture.

Your merges are forgivin:) This is one of those pictures I would have loved to have been therewith you to take in the view. The picture also seem to be wellbalanced with the peaks on the right. Very good, one of those picturesI can view for a long time.

umm just a bit of a favor/mission/whatever u want to call it......"that is Cheyanne Mt. on the left there" hmm as a bit of an X-filer myself any chance of some close-ups of NORAD or maybe even sneaking into NORAD to get some insider photos???? hehe i wish i lived near some secret government facility...i would be staking it out pulling a Mulder or something.....nice pic too btw...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back