morning flowers

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
Grabbed these a bit earlier, before the sun was fully up.

First, what will be one of the last roses of the season:
morn_peace.jpg

and a crop of the same rose:
ruffles.jpg

and I think this is a Rose of Sharon, but don't hold my feet to the fire on that:
whazzup.jpg

very nice jim!
haha, I like the captions of the last two. I think I like the last one the best, but I really cant decide, I like them all.

You got some nice flower shots here. I like the crop on the second one along with its layering petals. It has a nice abstract quality to it. The composition of the last one has an interesting look with the way the flower is shaped. I also like the busy white "halo" blurs in the background. It adds a little more flavor to the background. Good pictures, Jim!

Thanks guys. I'm not sure about the rose yet, but the last one is growing on me pretty quick. I may have to rev it up and print it.

That second one reminds me of a Georgia O'Keeffe painting. Nice work!

Mudge! I thought you died or something man! :lol:

Didya notice I got the whole thing in focus? Gotta be a first. I wasn't fully awake yet or it probably wouldn't have been. ;)

photobug said:
Mudge! I thought you died or something man! :lol:

Naw! I always smell that way!

Didya notice I got the whole thing in focus? Gotta be a first. I wasn't fully awake yet or it probably wouldn't have been. ;)

Me miss out on an opportunity to ***** about DOF? Never!

Thanks Mark. Looking at these a day later I'm thinking I should have cropped the bottom part of the rose, rather than the side. Seems to be more wavy material there. Oh well. [shrug]

I am really liking that last one though. :)

Most reactions

Back